3 best universities in Ottawa, Ontario for foreign students. Description, rankings, 2023 fees
Higher education in Ottawa for international schoolchildren and students has earned a reputation as one of the best in the world due to the high level of academic programs, excellent funding of the educational sector from the state and relative accessibility. The advantages of choosing Canada also include a high standard of living and a flexible migration policy. Beautiful and original Ottawa is interesting not only as a place to study, but also as a state with a high standard of living, the beauty of the natural world and the richness of the cultural landscape of which attracts tourists from all over the world.
Higher education in Canada for foreign schoolchildren and students is offered by the country's leading universities. According to the Times Higher Education-2019 ranking, 27 Canadian educational institutions are considered among the best in the world. The leading universities in Ottawa work in the context of the global labor market, accepting international students and teachers, encouraging international and intercultural cooperation, creating a cosmopolitan atmosphere within campuses.
Higher education in Ottawa has its own characteristics: after graduation, students enter universities, community colleges, schools of technical, applied arts, sciences. These higher education institutions provide professional certificates and associate degrees. Many students use college as a way to further prepare for university education by receiving transferable educational credits. Others receive a diploma that allows them to immediately start employment after completing the program.
Below the leading educational destinations in the private universities in Ottawa are provided:
- Natural sciences
- Language education.
TOP universities in Ottawa for the foreign students – education levels
- Bachelor – the studying lasts for 3-5 years, upon graduation, a Bachelor of Science or Arts diploma is issued. For the foreign students, it is sometimes possible to enrol in a bachelor's degree immediately after the 11th grade of a school of a native country with high academic performance and excellent knowledge of the language.
- A Master's degree in humanities or natural sciences usually takes two years. Admission to the Master's program takes place only after completion of the bachelor's degree program.
- Doctoral studies durate from 3 to 6 years. Admission conditions: Master's degree, high level of English/French, successful individual interview.
The foreign students who plan to engage in teaching or research work are more likely to enrol in master's and doctoral programs at the universities in Ottawa. The most popular program for international students is the Master's Program /Postgraduate Program: students of this popular course can enrol in it after completing bachelor's degree in native country, gain new academic knowledge, a prestigious diploma, internship experience in a foreign company and excellent employment prospects.
The Canadian educational system provides more affordable study options than the United States, simpler application procedures and more opportunities for permanent residence. Canada's immigration rules are more flexible than in the USA: foreign students have the right to stay in the country for a period of 1 to 3 years after graduation, working in their chosen specialty. Universities have career guidance programs that help you to choose a job, to make a resume or a presentation. Diplomas of Canadian universities are highly valued all over the world, prestigious universities occupy top positions in terms of the level of demand for graduates.
Universities in Ottawa ranking – TOP 3
- University of Ottawa
- Algonquin College
- Carleton University.
The best universities in Ottawa for the international students – enrolment requirements, tuition fee
When applying to an educational institution, as a rule, the candidate's previous academic performance is taken as a basis. In the universities in Ottawa the academic year consists of two semesters. Tuition fee in the universities in Ottawa accounts for on average 20,000 CAD$. The foreign students are provided with the opportunity to apply for a university scholarship. In addition, today the educational institution offers students the opportunity to get education remotely. This format is also very popular among the foreign students.
Below the specifics of applying documents in the TOP universities in Ottawa are provided:
- The universities request official test results in English (standard requirements for results: TOEFL – from 85 points iBT, IELTS – from 6.5 points) requirements for knowledge of the French language are less common.
- A correctly completed application, copies of documents.
- Students under the age of 18 are studying in Ottawa with the appointment of an official guardian.
- Universities accept documents from foreign applicants 9-12 months before the planned start of studying.
- Students with excellent academic achievements can count on a scholarship that allows them to cover up to 100% of their tuition costs. Undergraduates and doctoral students are provided with grants for research.