Education in a prestigious foreign university is the dream of many domestic students. At the same time, they believe that the most difficult part is to find the necessary funds and pass the entrance exams. But few people think that it is not a problem for the faint-hearted to find inexpensive housing for quite a long time. Today we will try to understand this issue in more detail.
The advantages of living on campus
- You do not waste time, effort and money to get to the audience.
- You will become an equal participant in student life. 999.8]
- Perhaps, you will save money for food (quite often campuses work canteens).
- In case of unforeseen situations, you will receive first aid at a local health center.
Advantages and disadvantages of independent living
- You are not obliged to observe the numerous rules, which, believe me, in each campus abound.
- This will quickly teach you to make independent decisions.
- The daily road will become a serious test: in addition to a certain amount (often quite substantial), you will spend a lot of time and energy on this.
- ] It is necessary to get used to lead an independent economy: to cook, clean and wash. Or, to put in the budget the payment of the incoming personnel (or you can believe us, it's not so cheap!).
- There are big problems with medical care, utilities and insurance, which at first will be a serious test for many.
We are looking for accommodation on our own
Many of those who chose to live on campus, to the second or third course begin to think about independence. The initial stage of adaptation was left behind, and with the language the situation improved. Therefore, the question arises as to how to find inexpensive housing. Here options are possible.
1. Local family
Many like it, and not without reason: you will not only be spared from many domestic problems, but also save a good (because the attitude to foreign students in many families is more than loyal). Information on this on the Internet a lot, and bulletin boards (which near the educational buildings abound), no one canceled.
2. Cooperation with other entrants
A very popular way to find a living space for the duration of training and at the same time not to stay on the edge, as all expenses will be divided according to the number of people living. In this you can help not only services like EasyRoommate, but also popular social networks (VKontakte, FaceBook, MySpace).
3. Real estate companies
And equally it applies to popular Internet services Studenthousing or Studentpad. The variant is somewhat expensive, but the most comfortable and uncomplicated.
Some useful tips
1. If you are planning to stay on a university campus, it is worth to familiarize yourself with the existing rules in advance and decide how much they suit you. Remember, the attitude towards them is quite trepid and the cases of expulsion from the educational institution because of their non-compliance are not so rare.
2. Have stopped on a variant with a local family? Communicate with the owner, look at the proposed conditions and talk to the neighbors. This can save you from the need for an "emergency" search for housing in the event of a conflict.
3. Realtors in the general case of domestic are no different: there are both respectable and reliable companies, and frank scammers, although the latter is still significantly less. Therefore, try to pay attention to every little thing and never sign anything if you are not completely sure of your choice.