Even a year of study in Vienna can change the life of any student, because obtaining a prestigious international diploma will open the door to the largest companies or the best educational institutions around the world, and the cost of studying in Vienna's schools and universities will delight foreign students wishing to study abroad.
Vienna is a European city in Austria, which at first glance captivates tourists with its beauty and grandeur: here the architecture of the old city perfectly combines with high-rise buildings, industrial enterprises, factories. On the one side of Vienna, the Alpine mountains are located, and on the other hand there is a dense Vienna forest, therefore the city has excellent ecology, and the locals are trembling with cleanliness, and all this contributes to a high standard of living of the population. Vienna is also distinguished by numerous prestigious educational institutions on its territory: there are good schools for children and top universities for students. Austrian teachers have always kept pace with the times, therefore, even today they apply the latest teaching methods and techniques.
Studying at school, which school is better for foreign students in Vienna
All Vienna schools are well equipped with modern equipment, have a developed infrastructure, and make it possible to learn several foreign languages at once (and in some schools this is a prerequisite). Despite the fact that the educational system provides for standard school stages (from elementary to senior), in some schools foreign students are accepted only from a certain age.
As in many foreign schools, the curriculum includes compulsory and optional subjects. The list of optional classes may include the following: time management, communication, analysis, social activities. At a deeper level, you can get a musical education, and the program is available even for beginners.
The cost of a year of study at universities of Vienna for foreign students
According to statistics, foreign students often choose Vienna when choosing a country and city to study abroad. For admission, most often only a certificate of secondary education and the results of a language exam are required.
The advantages of studying at universities in Vienna for foreign students:
- low cost of educatoin;
- high standard of living and education;
- international environment;
- developed culture;
- simple admission process;
- prospects for further employment;
- the opportunity to combine study and work.
Vienna recognized the traditional system of educational organization:
- doctoral studies.
Additionally, 1-2-year programs for obtaining a second specialty or retraining are available, a large number of relevant areas are presented for selection.
Leading directions in universities for foreign students:
- technical science;
- sports and physical education;
- the medicine;
- financial services management;
- marketing and communication;
- tourism management.
In Vienna, higher education provides an opportunity to receive high-quality academic and linguistic skills, which in the future will help to get a prestigious and well-paid job.
Leading universities in Vienna:
- University of Vienna;
- Vienna University of Economics;
- Medical University of Vienna;
- Technical University of Vienna.
Pre-university courses for successful admission
Foreign students can obtain additional academic and linguistic knowledge for entering the university on the Foundation program, the duration of which is from 12 to 52 weeks, and the cost of education for foreign students is from 2,395 € for 12 weeks.
Students with a poor level of knowledge of the German language are encouraged to start the course with a minimum of 36 weeks (this does not apply to English-speaking students who choose a university for further studies in English). The intensity of the classes depends on the preferences of the student, his level of knowledge and preparation + study at preparatory courses helps to adapt to the foreign system of education and to life abroad.
Summer holidays for foreign students in the camp, language schools and linguistic programs
Teachers and educators take into account that working with students requires special attention, it is necessary to take into account all the features of education and upbringing, therefore experienced specialists do everything possible so that staying abroad foreign students evokes only pleasant emotions and they can spend this time as efficiently as possible.
Forms of education in language schools:
- one-to-one English instruction;
- individual German education;
- standard english course;
- TOEFL / IELTS course;
- business german;
- academic english.
Linguistic programs in German and English in Vienna are available year-round, but there are special summer programs for students so that they can combine vacation time with learning a foreign language.
The hockey academy deserves special attention, where English language instruction for students is available simultaneously with sports training in hockey, and ESL (English as a Second Language) program is organized for foreign students.
Examples of top educational institutions, the cost of studying in schools and universities of Vienna for foreign students
- Wittenborg University Vienna is a university ranking 4th in the ranking of the best small universities in applied sciences. According to the bachelor's program, two degrees are available: a bachelor of international business administration and a bachelor of international business administration + a bachelor of arts (double degree), which makes this university unique. The cost for a year of study for foreign students is from 9,000 €.
- Amadeus International School Vienna is a private boarding school that has been accepting foreign students from 11 years old (Grade 6), where in addition to standard academic skills, students can receive high-quality classical music education. High school is accompanied by the passage of the international program International Baccalaureate. The cost of schooling in different programs is from 14,000 € / term.