- Year of study in New York University - Bachelor and Master
- School fees in New York for foreign students
- New York English Year for foreign students
- Tuition fees in New York after grades 9, 10, 11
The academic traditions and educational system of New York have undergone many experiments and reforms and continue to transform, accepting the endless replenishment of students from different cultures. The Department of Education of New York controls the largest school system in the the United States, so the year of study in New York will definitely become a fruitful and effective, useful experience for everyone.
Year of study in New York University - Bachelor and Master
New York is a city of colleges. About 120 institutes of higher education are located here, which are represented by:
- two state universities - The State University of New York (SUNY) and The City University of New York (CUNY) - founded in the middle of the 20th century. About one million local and foreign students study there annually. The activities of universities are supported by half through state subsidies, the second part is paid by local funds and students.
- independent colleges and non-profit universities. Most are formed as part of special government programs and are managed by private individuals. About 1% of the country's budget is allocated for the activities of such educational institutions.
- private colleges and universities, open on a commercial basis. They education mainly is in business and trade.
In such a metropolis, everyone will find their own direction. The best universities in New York offer academic programs of higher education at all levels: undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, MBA, as well as practical courses "Year of study in New York" for continuing education.
School fees in New York for foreign students
Every year, New York schools experience a growing influx of foreign students, so academic programs try to adapt as much as possible to the international contingent and maintain an individual approach to each. In addition to secondary schools, prestigious New York schools have experimental educational programs, for example:
- For gifted and talented students, an enhanced academic program is provided. You can apply for education at such a school from the age of 5 after passing the selection test.
- vocational and technical schools focused on career development. In addition to the required subjects, each school chooses a bias for students: aviation, cinema, medicine, engineering, construction. Students take part in internships, part-time jobs, mini-projects in order to have a diploma to have work experience.
- for the best students there are specialized high schools in New York. There are 9 such schools, and students are accepted on the basis of a test that is taken only once.
The cost of studying in New York schools is growing every year due to growing competition. On average, prices range from 29,700 $ per semester to 83,000 $ per year in New York, including campus accommodation and meals.
New York English Year for foreign students
Undoubtedly, if you have long dreamed of mastering a foreign language perfectly - the popular language schools in New York will become your accelerator of knowledge. There are linguistic centers in every district of the Big Apple, so choosing an academic program for your terms, budget and interests will not be difficult. For students with low knowledge of a foreign language, there are summer camps with learning English from an early age. Students can consider academic English courses and spring, winter, summer vacation programs, and ambitious students will pay attention to year-round preparation courses for SAT, TOEFL, TOEIC, FCE, CAE. Some schools accept foreign students for international academic exchange programs, thanks to which students have the opportunity to go through a year of study in New York or a semester abroad, taking into account all the passed subjects.
Tuition fees in New York after grades 9, 10, 11
For foreign students who have just finished school in their homeland, continuing education in New York under various educational programs is available. After the 9th grade, foreign students will have to study in high school. The price of high school starts at 28,140 $ per semester with accommodation. After graduating from a foreign school, to enter a university it will be necessary to undergo education in the University Pathway Program or Transfer program at a price of 15,000 $ per semester. 1-2 years of study in New York will help students adapt to the language environment and score high scores for entering prestigious universities in New York, the USA and the world.