Xiamen University is consistently ranked high in the world. The strongest disciplines here are:
The university is popular among foreigners, including Russians: the total number of foreign students is about 2%, and the number of teachers is more than 2900, including professors and doctors of sciences. The university is part of the Global U8 Consortium, is engaged in research work. The university is a state university, which gives the right to receive financial support for students showing high academic performance.
A university diploma is appreciated in China and in other countries: large employers provide the opportunity for practice and further employment for young professionals who graduate from Xiamen University.
Programs related to aerospace engineering, international relations, management and medicine are very popular.
Students from other countries can get a place in the hostel, it is only important to apply in advance - there is a place in the room about $ 170 per month. You can rent a separate apartment in the city, which will cost $ 400-800 per month, depending on the remoteness and living conditions. Students can eat in the university cafeteria - about $ 150 a month will take.
The university administration organizes a lot of interesting excursions for foreign students, the purpose of which is to get acquainted with the history and culture of China. Pupils participate in various events: sports competitions, creative performances, competitions, where they develop their personal qualities and abilities.
The equipment of all classrooms is the most modern and efficient, including video projectors and other equipment. The university has laboratories and research centers, parks and sports grounds, a library and computer classes.
The academic year at the university is divided into two semesters, after which an examination week is held, and then a vacation. Additional costs, including travel by public transport, payment for mobile communications, leisure and so on, will be from $ 120 per month.
Admission to the university is based on the results of exams, it is important to collect documents in time, including a certificate of previous education.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.