Peking University of Foreign Languages was founded in 1941. From the very beginning of its activity, reorganization is periodically carried out in order to improve the quality of training.
The educational institution provides language training in almost all languages of the world: the student can choose to study Hindi, Danish, Alanian, Norwegian, Serbian, Albanian, etc. This makes the university popular and competitive.
In the ranking of the best language universities in the world, Beijing University takes 60-70 place every year. The high level of language training of graduates allowed the institution to participate in projects 211 and 985, to receive state support.
The university is actively involved in journalistic activities: the journals “Teaching and Researching the Language”, “World of the Chinese Language”, and “Study of Chinese Culture” are published by students. Over 2 thousand scientific papers of students and teaching staff were published. Students are offered study guides developed by university professors.
The university covers an area of 310,000 sq.m. On this territory are located:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.