Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) is one of the oldest higher education institutions on the mainland, formerly called the Northern Transport University. Today it is the strongest university of engineering, transport programs, electrical engineering and logistics.
Under the leadership of the university, the Center for Innovative Cooperation was established to ensure the safety of railway transportation.
BJTU is one of the first universities participating in the "985" and "211" projects, as well as one of the first authorized in awarding candidate and doctoral degrees.
Training is offered in 50 bachelor's programs, 33 master's programs and 21 doctoral programs. In English, you can get a diploma in 4 specialties:
The university provides dorm rooms on campus.
WiFi supplement: 382 yuan per six months.
After hours, students can visit the famous places of China:
The university itself offers students the opportunity to attend a summer camp, engage in several sports during the academic year and attend lectures and seminars for additional development.
BJTU has many student associations of various directions: literary clubs, psychological health community, dance groups, sports teams, calligraphic and painting groups, television team, etc.
The university is located in two buildings: in Beijing and Weihei. The main campus, located near the center of Beijing, is equipped for all educational processes of students. The Weihaya campus is concentrated for pre-university training of foreigners.
BJTU has state-of-the-art laboratories, including a maximally equipped laboratory for the development of high-speed trains.
Training takes place in semesters with sessions in winter and summer:
Additional costs will include:
Meals in the canteen of the university monthly will cost students 400-800 yuan.
Admission to undergraduate programs:
Upon admission, all applicants pay a registration fee of 500 yuan.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.