Peking University of Foreign Studies is the best university in China in preparing students in the fields of linguistics, international relations, business, finance and trade. The university was founded in 1941 and during its existence has graduated more than 400 ambassadors and more than a thousand diplomatic consuls of the republic. In terms of the level of influence and quality of educational services, the university is comparable to the Russian MGIMO and the American Georgetown University. For its work, the university was awarded the title of "Cradle of Chinese Diplomacy". The University hosts the International Institute of Commerce and the International Business School - the largest divisions of the university.
Key areas of the university:
Students of a Chinese educational institution study in an international environment - the university is chosen by representatives of more than 60 countries. The international environment inspires a high-quality study of international and Chinese business experience. The university has a reputation as the best language center for studying the Chinese language: even students of English-language programs during their studies at the university have every opportunity to master spoken Chinese. Peking University of Foreign Languages offers programs in 84 languages of the world.
Place of the university in the rankings:
Graduates of the university successfully build careers in the field of journalism, translation, law and business, find work in diplomatic structures, the banking sector, the trade and economic field and the field of international relations.
The university offers bachelor's courses in the following areas:
The beginning of training is March, September.
A master's degree can be obtained in the following areas:
List of programs:
List of educational programs:
The university has four dormitories for students, located not far from the educational buildings - to classrooms or a cafeteria can be reached on foot. All hostels have been modernized and are modern and comfortable residences. Students can choose the level of amenities and design of the residences.
List of room amenities:
Students appreciate the extracurricular activities of the university - sports sections, interest clubs and creative studios, among which it is worth highlighting:
University infrastructure is well developed:
List of additional charges:
For an undergraduate program in English:
Master in English:
Bachelor's in Chinese:
Certificate courses in English:
Master's in Chinese:
List of documents for admission:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.