Description of Wuhan University
- Founded: 1893
- Location: Wuhan, China
- Language of instruction: Chinese
- Number of students: about 44,000
- Rating in China: 11.
Wuhan University is the object of desire of many applicants: the university is one of the best in China and is regularly included in the TOP-300 universities in the world. Some programs are in the TOP 100 in world rankings: computer science, mathematics and chemistry. The following areas are very popular: medicine, art and humanities, engineering, natural sciences, and management.
The number of teachers is more than 3,000, most of them are international specialists and professors. The university has created all the conditions for a comfortable and effective study, the programs are adapted to the modern requirements of employers. Graduates can quickly find a decent job in their profession in the largest companies in the world.
Wuhan University collaborates with the best universities in the world on student exchange programs, which gives even more opportunities to those lucky ones who will go to study at this institution. The number of ongoing research conducted at the university is more than 120. There are scholarships and grants for talented students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wuhan University
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the territory of the university there is a modern hostel that provides places for foreigners. You can also rent a separate room or apartment: living expenses will range from $ 200 per month. You can eat in student buffets and cafes, which is tasty, healthy and inexpensive.
Activities Wuhan University
In their free time, in addition to playing sports, students conduct other events: performances, competitions, conferences. They get to know each other, gaining invaluable experience in communicating with representatives of different nations. Additional classes help to reveal the talents and personal qualities of each student.
Facilities and equipment at Wuhan University
Wuhan University has a number of laboratories and research centers, a library is available, a computer room with Internet access. For sports lovers there is a sports complex with various venues and halls, including a gym.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at Wuhan University is divided into semesters. Additional costs associated with food, mobile communications, transportation and other related expenses will range from $ 200 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Among the main requirements are passing entrance exams and a document on previous education. For some specialties, a letter of recommendation or a personal interview with members of the selection committee may also be required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Wuhan University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.