University of Wollongong Malaysia
Description of University of Wollongong Malaysia
- Location: Multiple campuses in Malaysia
- Year of foundation: 1951
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
The University of Wollongong Malaysia (OUW Malaysia KDU) is a private higher education institution belonging to the global network of the Australian University of Wollong. The institution was established in 1951 as a subdivision of the then existing New South Wales Technological University.
The direct head of the educational institution in Malaysia is UOW Global Enterprises, a subsidiary of the university. Under her leadership, the University of Wollongong Malaysia came in 2019, after which there was a global transformation of the campus, curricula and approach to learning.
It offers programs from Foundation to postgraduate courses in many areas: game development, communication, creativity, business, culinary arts and others.
The University of Wollongong aims to be an outstanding intermediary between students and high-quality education. OUW's presence in Malaysia will benefit the region as it is already an attractive destination for international students and graduates ready to work in a variety of industries.
Students studying in Malaysia have the opportunity to go to the UK on the main campus of the University of Wollongong. Such a program is valid for academically successful students and lasts for a year.
Faculties and colleges
OUW Malaysia KDU consists of several large specialized schools:
- Communication, creativity
- Computing, Creative Media
- Hospitality, tourism, culinary arts
- Pre-university education
- Social sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Wollongong Malaysia
Accommodation, meals, prices
Since the institution has several campuses, accommodation is provided depending on the study area.
UOW Malaysia KDU on campus Ultropolis Glenmarie provides a student residence on an area of 10 acres, next to the academic buildings. The seven-storey building with two departments - female and male - accommodates about 600 students in 292 single and 160 double rooms. Types of rooms with payment per month:
- Single – 213$
- Large double room with twin beds – 169$
- Medium with two single beds – 147$
- Small double room with two single beds – $113.
The rental price includes utilities (except for the air conditioner), the use of shared bathrooms, toilets, kitchens and living rooms. In addition, you need to pay a deposit for two months in advance + pay a fee for processing the application in the amount of $ 67.
The student residence on the campus in Penang provides accommodation in apartments for 1-4 people. Students have the opportunity to choose furnishings or lack thereof, the type of room, the location of the house in relation to the campus. Facilities:
- Round-the-clock security
- Common areas: kitchens, TV rooms, self-study rooms
- Fully furnished (if needed)
- Weekly cleaning.
Dormitories and hostels do not provide:
- Toiletries, detergents
- Bed linen, towels
The cost of living will not exceed $ 200-250 per month.
Activities University of Wollongong Malaysia
UOW Malaysia KDU has a student council that organizes most of the activities and monitors the comfort of all students of the educational institution.
The FAS Global Football Programme, in collaboration with the Selangor Football Association, has been created to enable students from many universities to prove themselves in the sport. Students have the opportunity to train under the guidance of experienced professionals, to study at the courses of coaches, judges and managers.
Many different clubs have been created on campuses:
- Society of Engineering
- Club of Student Entrepreneurship, Teamwork
- Art Studio
- Computer Club
- Nurses Association
- Chinese, Malay, Indian Cultural Societies
- Christian Brotherhood
- Robotics Club
- Environmental Association
- Sports clubs.
Sports competitions are held in football, volleyball, badminton and a dozen more types of physical activity. Creative performances are accompanied by dance, music and song activities, and exhibitions are organized thanks to artists, designers, game developers.
- Several large campuses
- High quality of education
- Included in the top 1% of universities in the world
- "5+ stars" in the QS World University Rankings-2021
- Included in the TOP-20 of the most modern universities in the world
- 89.6% – employers' satisfaction rating with graduates.
Facilities and equipment at University of Wollongong Malaysia
The institution owns several campuses in Malaysia: Utropolis Glenmarie in Shah Alam and Batu Kawan in Panang. The main flagship campus is Utropolis Glenmarie, which has modern classrooms, laboratories, sports and recreation areas. It also stands out for its place in the GBI rankings due to an environmental footprint of less than 16%.
On campus there are:
- Spacious atrium that welcomes guests and students
- Lecture multi-level classes
- Classrooms with noise isolation rooms
- Library with computers that allow access to electronic media
- Event rooms
- Several cafes and canteens
- Culinary "theater", which is a kitchen in the middle of the audience
- Computer and mechanical laboratories, game development studios
- Recording, arts, music, etc. studios.
The Penang campus is a learning area that opened its doors in 1991. Currently, the largest number of foreign students study here in comparison with other campuses of the university. This site received six stars in the Malaysian MyQUEST College Rankings in 2014-1015.
On it are:
- Gymnastics, gyms
- Library with reading room
- Assembly halls
- Lecture classes with interactive whiteboards, projectors
- Internet Labs
- Smart Classes
- Confectionery cuisine
- iMac laboratories, nursing, mechanics, etc.
- 3D-studios, game laboratory
- Art Gallery.
The university provides a free shuttle service between campuses and individual districts.
Admission dates and extra charges
The length of the academic year depends on the chosen program. Usually students study from autumn to early summer, go on vacation on the days of national and international holidays.
Additional costs per month:
- Accommodation – from 130 to 250$
- Meals – from 33 to 56$
- Books, consumables as needed
- Public transport, excluding free university transfers
- Personal spending.
Step-by-step admission to UOW Malaysia KDU:
- Choose the right program and review the requirements
- Fill out the application on the official website of the institution, attaching the documents
- Send a request by paying the registration fee
- Wait for a response from the admissions committee.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When enrolling in any of the programs, applicants must provide:
- Academic results of the previous level of study: school or undergraduate program;
- Personal documents: passport, medical insurance, visa or residence permit, etc.;
- The results of the English language test will require a Conversational Pre-Intermediate level.
Scholarships University of Wollongong Malaysia
- The most prestigious scholarship of the institution exempts from payment of tuition on the basis of good academic performance and well-passed exams
- Scholarship for excellent students
- Scholarship for athletes
- Professional accounting awards
- Awarding of graduates
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship
- Award for services to the Vice-Chancellor on the basis of academic performance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Wollongong Malaysia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.