University Sains Malaysia (USM) is a public university, the second best university in the national ranking. The high standards of teaching of the educational institution are highly appreciated in the international community: the university is included in the 5% of the best in the world and is considered very prestigious.
USM is a large university: about 24 thousand students receive bachelor's and master's degrees in it, among them about 9% are foreign students. Academic staff - 2,100 qualified teachers, administrative and technical staff. Most undergraduate and graduate programs are conducted in English.
The educational institution demonstrates stable dynamics in building up its international reputation, as evidenced by the QS World University Rankings:
The strongest programs of the university regularly fall into the TOP 50-150 of the best in the world:
Students choose to live on campus or off campus. Accommodation on campus:
There are numerous communities, interest clubs, sections and circles on the campus - among them the most popular:
The university is located in Penang, known as the "Oriental Pearl". Penang is a district with a rich history: local cultural and historical monuments have been amazingly preserved and have come down to us almost in their original form. The university has a developed infrastructure:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.