University of Calicut (CU) was founded in 1968 and is India's largest public higher education institution. To meet the challenges of a changing world, the university offers both general and advanced training and research programs. A total of 480 colleges are part of the CU, of which 120 are located in Kozhikodsky District, 101 in Thrissur, 130 in Malappuram, 86 in Palakkad and 18 in Wayanade.
The institution is a part of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Distance Education Council (DEC) and Medical Council of India (MCI).
The university offers undergraduate programs in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
CU provides its students with the opportunity to live in a dormitory.
Material and technical support of a higher educational institution includes:
To enter the university you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.