Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
Description of Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
- Location: Pilani, India
- Year of foundation: 1964
- Language of tuition: Hindi, English
- Number of students: more than 11 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) is a private institution that is one of the six higher institutions with the status of eminence. The university was founded on the basis of the regional engineering college in 1964 thanks to the support of businessman G.D. Birl. About 11,000 students study here on campus and more than 21,000 people study remotely.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Institute has 14 dormitories: 13 of them are inhabited by men. All residential buildings bear the names of saints, scientists, historical and religious figures. In addition to student dormitories, a building for parents and guests is equipped on site.
The cost of living depends on the semester - from 5200 to 15 000 UAE dirhams per year (about 1220-3522 €).
For every two dormitories, a dining room is determined, in three of them there are separate food points. Students can also eat in the Redi canteen next to each dormitory, cafeteria and cafeterias of the university. In addition, inside the campus there is a small area "Connon", where there are many restaurants, cafes, shops.
Activities Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
- Oasis – a cultural festival of dance, theater, music and other areas of creativity
- - Bosm – sports competitions between colleges in India
- Apogee – International Technical Festival
- Spark – a program of courses, seminars on entrepreneurship, mentoring.
- Tennis, table tennis
- 1001-1200 place in the world ranking QS World University Rankings in 2020
- 175th place in Asia, 96th place among BRICS countries
- 27th place in the ranking of national institutions of India
- 7th place among engineering colleges of the country.
Facilities and equipment at Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
After the expansion of the institute's campus in Dubai, the university became the first international university leading in the field of science, technology and research with 4 campuses and 15 academic departments.
The university operates a virtual learning platform and a knowledge hub in Bangalore.
The main campus is 328 acres. On the territory there are:
- Buildings of faculties with classrooms, practical laboratories
- Medical center
- Recreation areas, events
- Technological Museum.
In the campus area there is a temple dedicated to the goddess Saraswati. One of the auditoriums of the main building is decorated with paintings by students of the Faculty of Arts and Decor.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year is two semesters: spring and autumn.
Additional expenses of pupils:
- Books, consumables
- Accommodation, meals
- Sports, creative sections
- Personal expenses (mobile communication, clothes, rest, etc.)
- Medical care
- Registration, regular campus fees.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Recruitment for education is carried out twice a year. To enter BITS, the applicant must pass the computerized entrance exams BITSAT: he checks future students for knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English.
Applications are accepted in December, May-June.
Minimum set of requirements for undergraduate programs:
- Certificate of secondary education
- Official transcripts
- BITS Exams
- Paid registration fee – 51€.
Requirements for future masters, doctoral students:
- Diploma of completion of four years of undergraduate/two-year master's degree
- Transcripts of courses taken
- BITS Exams
- Two letters of recommendation
- Registration fee – 51€.
The entry fee and the first semester are paid together as soon as the candidate is offered admission. The amount is about 64,300 Indian rupees - 15,100€.
Scholarships Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic, creative and sporting achievements.
- Government of India Scholarships, Regional Material Awards
- Scholarships of foundations, individual partners
- Faculty Scholarships
- Sports, creative, scientific awards.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – BITS Pilani
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.