- Work in the UK: from caring for animals to administering conferences
- Finding students in Canada
- Switzerland. Employment for every student!
- Australia: work for the sake of experience
Education in Europe , America , Canada, other countries is not only an excellent opportunity to get an international education. Students are also given the opportunity to gain work experience. Most of the modern educational programs in the universities of the world do not restrict young people in choosing the sphere of employment. In each country and an educational institution, certain conditions are worked out. Most often they concern:
- working hours (restrictions apply to the number of hours per week);
- activities (specialty, unskilled labor);
- places of work (on the campus of the university, outside the school).
Work in the UK: from caring for animals to administering conferences
England annually receives tens of thousands of foreigners - at English courses abroad and a variety of educational programs. The country most in demand on the educational market can not boast of a large number of opportunities for employment of students. In Britain, the working hours for students per week are strictly limited. Today, those who wish can spend no more than 10 hours on this. Students can earn money officially:
- in the library on the campus (hourly): duties, as a rule, boil down to the issuance of books;
- at the department or faculty: many structures organize and conduct various projects, for example conferences, space bridges, surveys, etc .; The help of students in such events in Britain is paid;
- in schools, centers and clubs of interest. Pedagogical activity is one of the most popular among students. Requests for teachers for children's courses, as a rule, come to the university.
Unofficial work in Britain is also possible. They are provided primarily by personal contacts of students. Among such types of employment are tutoring, animal care and one-time orders (the latter is especially relevant for students of creative specialties).
The procedural bases of work in Britain are as follows. Each student prepares a special 2-year visa for travel to study. She does not give the right to work in the country. To do this, you need a special document - a work permit. Resolution will have to be received by those who wish to remain in Britain for employment after graduation. The simplest procedure is for students who have received an official offer from the employer.
Employment during training allows you to earn pocket expenses. At the hour students in Britain receive from £ 8 for unskilled labor and from 15 for qualified.
Finding students in Canada
Canada is one of the most attractive Western countries for study and work. Here, students are given the opportunity to earn extra money from the first semester of study at the university. The conditions of employment are fairly loyal.
1. The participation of the student in the Work Permit program is mandatory. That is, wishing to officially find a job in Canada must obtain permission from the migration service.
2. Foreign students can already work on the university campus in the first six months of training. The time limit is 20 hours / week. At the same time, if the student's performance deteriorates, the student loses the right to work in addition.
3. After 6 months of study, it is possible to find employment outside the university campus. At the same time, the factor of the student's progress is also important.
4. In Canada, you can earn extra money either in the specialty or in any field that is not related to the future profession of the student.
5. After graduation, graduates have the right to live and work in the country for 3 years.
You can find a job in Canada directly at the university. In each of them works the employment department. A lot of offers from employers are offered to students. The most popular on campus are work-outs in computer centers, libraries, departments, gyms and research laboratories. Outside the university, the majority seeks work in the sphere of trade and tourism.
The salary of students is 8.8 - 11 CAD per hour.
Switzerland. Employment for every student!
In Switzerland the most popular are university educational programs in the sphere of hotel and restaurant business and tourism. It is in this country, as practice shows, that the best specialists in the industry are trained. This is due to the practical orientation of the programs. In Switzerland, each student receives not only a high-quality education, but also work experience. The paid practice is included in the educational process.
Some educational programs in the country's universities are divided into 2 blocks. Theoretical provides for lecturing, participation in seminars, trainings, etc. Practical is to work in a travel agency or hotel. One of the best programs of this type is offered by the Hotel Institute Montreux. His students pass paid internships in the Miramonte and Europe hotels. Having gained experience, they can apply for work in other industry structures.
The practice at the hotel per month brings the student 1500 - 2500 CHF. Salary allows you to fully or partially cover the costs of training in the country. The average earnings of students in Switzerland is 8 - 18 CHF per hour.
Australia: work for the sake of experience
Australia the country of study is chosen by lovers of exotics and wishing to receive high-quality education in the British manner in one of the most beautiful corners of the world. Australian universities are training specialists for all industries, from industry to art. Students in the country are given the opportunity to reduce the cost of training through part-time work. During school hours, work is allowed up to 20 hours per week (with good academic performance). On vacation students can find a job for a full day. Work Permit in Australia is included in the visa. You do not need to get a work permit separately.
Each university has its own vacancy database. To search for a job, it is enough for the student to apply to the employment department. He may be offered vacancies on the campus (in the library, at the department, at the sports center, etc.) and beyond. Among unskilled directions, the most popular are work-outs in restaurants and bars (waiters, helpers in the kitchen), shops (consultants), beaches in resort areas (surfing instructors, yachting, etc.).
Many students of Australian universities find work in their specialty. Continuous employment gives you the opportunity to earn more. In Australia, it is customary to revise the salaries of employees quarterly. Good performance increases the chances of increasing monthly income.
Salary of foreign students in Australia averages 20 - 24 AUD per hour. In the sphere of sales, additional remuneration is provided for effective work on weekends and holidays (from 50 to 150% of the rate or amount of sales, discounts, etc.).
In general, there are several clear trends in the sphere of education regarding the employment of students. They are as follows:
- Each country has its own rules and conditions for undergraduate work. But mainly the attitude towards working students is loyal. The main condition for providing employment opportunities is good academic performance. It is hardest for students to find work strictly in Britain. The most exotic options for workmanship are available in Australia.
- The student's salary allows you to compensate for household expenses, in part - the cost of living, food. An exception is the work in Switzerland. In this country, the salary of a trainee in a prestigious hotel allows you to partially or completely compensate for the costs of tuition at the university.
- The main thing is the desire to work and earn. In any country, you can find the opportunity to combine educational activities with work.