Studying of world politics and international relations in the United States occupies the first lines of special ratings, ahead of the political science of Great Britain, Canada, Australia. Therefore, applicants from all over the world come to the United States to get specialties related to politics and international relations.
Subjects of study in political science specialties:
- American politics
- Global processes
- International relationships
- National security
- Political theory
- Human rights
- Public policy.
American universities provide political science students with internships in the offices of local, national political parties, government organizations, embassies, consulates.
After completing the course, graduates can work not only in these organizations, but also in government, in industry management, journalism, public organizations in the United States and abroad.
The main emphasis in teaching is put on development of skills:
- Critical thinking
- Compiling a holistic view of world politics
- Formulation of their views on political processes in oral and written form.
Career Opportunities with a Political Science Degree:
- Political analyst
- Political commentator
- Political Science Lecturer
- Civil service worker
- Specialist in international law
- Public Relations Specialist
- Rating companies specialist.
US universities also offer programs at the intersection of sciences:
- Political Science and Business
- Political Science and Economics
- Political Science and Law
- Political Science and Medicine.
Best politics & international studies universities in USA 2024 - QS World University rankings