Climate change in the world is one of the most discussed and serious problems of our time. Employees of large corporations need to rebuild their business in favor of "green trends". In the UK , there are universities where master's programs in the field of climate and ecology are presented.
The University of Leeds was founded in 1904 and is one of the largest British universities. In the ranking of universities QS World University Rankings, the university took 93rd place.
The Master's programme Sustainable Development and Business includes the following disciplines: Decision Making in a Complex World; "Leadership in times of instability"; "Sustainable business strategies".
The training helps business owners and aspiring executives understand how the introduction of new technologies will improve the environmental problem. In the process of studying the program, students acquire practical skills that will help in building their own companies. After graduation, graduates will be able to create new stable companies and present their business projects to investors.
Newcastle University is a member of the Russell Group. The group includes elite universities in the UK, which are engaged in research activities. The university is among the ten universities included in the TEF ranking.
The Master's programme Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security produces specialists in the field of food security and agriculture. The program consists of the following main modules:
- "Principles and current topics of agri-food economics and politics";
- "Global Challenges: Biotechnological Solutions";
- "Global Challenges for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security".
In additional courses, students receive narrowly focused specializations, including:
- quality, safety and nutritional value of food;
- livestock management;
- management in crop production;
- environmental and water management;
- marketing and development of food and agricultural policies
The University of East Anglia was founded in 1963. In 2021, according to times Higher Education, it was among the best universities in the world.
The program "Environmental Assessment and Management" teaches the basics of environmental management. The course is designed for applicants with technical education. During the educational process, special attention is paid to the consequences of economic activity, the principles and tools of environmental assessment of enterprises. Graduates work in both public and private institutions.
The practice includes the following areas:
- planning stakeholder engagement on sustainable development issues;
- assessment of the sustainability of the land-use plan;
- strategic planning for a modern coal mine.
The university was founded in 1894. According to the implementation of the UN sustainable development goals, the City of London University is among the top 200 universities. Graduates have a high rating in the labor market. The university is a member of EQUIS (higher education accreditation system, specializing in management and business management) and AMBA.
The program "Energy and Environmental Technologies and Economics" studies all the subtleties of environmentally friendly use of materials in the energy sector. The financial and technical side of this industry is considered.
The University of London enrolls specialists who work in the energy sector, and applicants with mathematical and engineering education can also enroll.
The Master's programme consists of eight modules (three core and five additional). At the end of the training, students defend their dissertation.
Required modules include the following courses:
- "Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development". Students study renewable energy technologies and renewable energy sources, as well as their impact on the environment.
- "Corporate Energy Management". Students get acquainted with the methods of financial evaluation of projects in the energy sector, the practice of energy management is studied.
- "Energy Policy and Economic Aspects". Students deepen their knowledge of the energy market and study the political processes that affect them.
Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
In 1991, the Institute for Environmental Change was opened at the University of Oxford. The goal was to investigate the causes and consequences of climate change. The Institute interacts with the Climate Impact Program of Great Britain, research is being conducted to combat global warming and nature change.
Students participating in the Environmental Change and Governance program study a variety of courses throughout the academic year. The program provides an individual approach to each student. Students conduct research activities, studying the adaptation of living organisms to climate change. The program includes the following subjects:
- "International Environmental Law",
- "Flood Risk Management",
- "Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility",
- "Behavioral Economics and Field Experiments".
For students, electives on fisheries, policy in the field of adaptation to climate change, environmental law are open.