The study of German as a foreign language is quite popular among foreign students, and, as a rule, the European language is best studied in its native country. Annually hundreds of students come to Germany for this summer: there are various language camps and linguistic schools for students. At the same time, the academic programs of the German educational centers are designed in such a way that it is possible to start the education with any language level, that is, German foreign camps in Germany are equally suitable for students with low language knowledge, and for students who already have a certain base.
Learning German in Germany - studying and relaxing in summer camps
Linguistic centers, language camps and schools offer not only academic studies for foreign students, but also a rich leisure and entertainment program. German lessons are held daily from Monday to Friday, usually in the morning - it all depends on the intensity of the chosen course. It can program a standard program, including up to 20 hours a week, or a higher load - 30 lessons per week. Choosing the second option, students of vacation camps often learn more and in the afternoon.
As part of the standard program, the second half of the day is devoted to various extracurricular activities: physical activity, visits to circles and sections, participation in evening activities from the management of the language school (discos, talent shows, sports, etc.). On weekends, excursions for students of language camps are mandatory. Such a cultural program helps foreign visitors get to know the country where they study.
Many linguistic schools abroad offer students not only language programs, but also thematic, where other types of activities are combined with the study of a foreign language. For example, these are sports, adventure, creative camps and not only. Also, the best language camps in Germany give foreign students the opportunity to study not only German, but also English - still without the last abroad today can not do.
SMAPSE experts will tell you about elite and leading schools of learning German for foreign students who enjoy the most popularity:
- DID Deutsch-Institut. It is an educational company that has been organizing German language courses abroad for more than 25 years. The school cooperates with many German universities and conducts both year-round programs for foreign students and vacation - the second ones are held in small German cities such as Potsdam, Wiesbaden and not only. One of the branches of the school is 40 kilometers from Frankfurt - in the town of Aschaffenburg . For an unforgettable summer vacation, the camp for studying German language invites students aged 12-16. Accommodation is organized in host German families, which will be an additional plus for learning German.
- Humboldt-Institut. It is a prestigious language center that organizes language courses of varying duration for students of all ages. The summer program takes place in a resort town two hours drive from Munich on the basis of the Bad Schussenried boarding school. The campus of the educational institution is well equipped, has an excellent infrastructure and modern design. Summer vacation program includes an intensive German course (25-30 hours) for students from 10 to 17 years old. Classes are held in educational groups of 10 people under the strict guidance of professional teachers.
- GLS Young and Fun. The top-level network of German Language Schools (GLS) organizes German and English language courses for adults and children for several decades. The summer camp for students and youth Young & Fun is based at the University of Berlin, Teikyo, in the green Köpenick district. The vacation academic program is quite intensive and organized in such a way that students get knowledge not only sitting at a desk. This format is great for the main audience of the summer camp - students from 7 to 14 years old.
- Goethe-Institut. Goethe Institute is on the list of the best and top educational institutions not only in the country, but also in the world, and on the basis of this higher school there is also a summer language camp for studying German - one of them is in Munich, in the central region. The language school of the institute is located in the residence of Max-Josef-Stift, which makes it accessible for students to visit local sights and cultural places. The school is suitable for students aged 16-17 who want to improve their level of German for further study abroad. Here you can also get education for Goethe Zertifikat testing.
- Sprachcaffe. International language school from the TOP-list for studying foreign languages in different foreign countries. In Germany, the youth linguistic camp is located in the city of Frankfurt am Main. The camp is open for students of different age categories - from 13 to 21 years. The program is available in German and English. Students are accommodated in one of the following options: in a host family, a residence or a hotel with meals at a full board.
This is not all the popular linguistic centers - a complete list can be found on our website.
Tuition fees in language camps in Germany
The price of educational courses for language learning in Germany's vacation camps is formed on the basis of several points: the type of program, type of accommodation and meals, leisure activities and excursion program. On average, a 2-week educational program in a language camp will require around 1,000 € for accommodation in a host family and about 1,500 €v for a residence. Registration of insurance, visas and purchase of air tickets in both directions is paid separately.