- TOP-5 important things you need to know about education in Cambridge
- Education in Cambridge for foreign students: prices for studies, conditions
Among the popular cities for studying abroad, Cambridge does not need a long introduction. The oldest city in the UK is known for its graduates with Nobel Prize winners, so sending a child to study in Cambridge is a blue dream for many parents. Traditionally, Cambridge educational institutions have a high competition for enrollment, so below SMAPSE experts will consider TOP-5 most important things that you need to know abou education in Cambridge.
TOP-5 important things you need to know about education in Cambridge
- You can send your child to study in Cambridge starting from a day nursery, at the age of 2 or 3. Nursery groups are available for children with low knowledge of the language and ensure a smooth transition of the child into a real learning environment. At the elementary school, foreign students must attend EAL English courses, and if desired, prestigious international schools make it possible to include mother tongue classes in the academic program throughout the entire period of study.
- Graduation requirements for college or university in Cambridge are among the highest in the world. For academic undergraduate programs, the standard language requirement is IELTS from 7.0.
- If your goal is to get a bachelor's or master's degree at Cambridge University, get ready for a phased selection with face-to-face tests on knowledge of the history of the university, city, pay special attention to creativity and innovative thinking. Excellent grades and school certificate will not be enough. Both universities in the city are accepted only with international certificates of complete secondary education or after a year of study at the university.
- When traveling to study in the UK, foreign students will need a Tier 4 child / general student visa for a period of more than 180 days in case of long-term programs. For short-term courses, study and rest in summer camps for children, a short-term student visitor visa is issued. The term for issuing student visas is 28 days from the date of application.
- The process of studying in schools and colleges requires great returns and financial investments. Some tasks will be set for students in an experimental mode, from an early age children are taught to think outside the box and work in a team.
Education in Cambridge for foreign students: prices for studies, conditions
Modern high entry requirements for admission to the best schools in Cambridge lead to the decision to send the child to study in Cambridge in early development groups starting from two years. Of course, at this age, the main attention is paid to the development of speech, motor skills, education of perseverance and primary socialization of students. By the age of 5-6, children are ready to fully “set foot on the academic rails”. The cost of primary school for foreign students is in the range of 3,700 £ - 5,865 £ per term.
The older your child is, the harder the curriculum becomes. At the same time, secondary and high school students are given more choice of elective classes, leisure options, and this affects the prices for academic programs. Despite the high prices, studying in Cambridge has the following advantages:
- education in an international environment
- creative approach and talent disclosure
- the possibility of applying knowledge in research projects of an educational institution
- organized leisure after school
- internationally recognized quality education.
Regarding higher education, Cambridge is known for two top universities: the University of Cambridge and the University of England Ruskin branch.
- second place in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- third in academic ranking of world universities
- 6 in the top of the best universities in the world according to QS
- TOP-1 in the number of graduates who have received Nobel Prizes. To date, the university has issued 116 Nobel laureates, 11 Fields Medalists in the field of mathematics, 6 winners of the Turing Prize in the field of computer science.
The University of England Ruskin in Cambridge is a relatively young educational institution that has already earned a place in the TOP-20 "rising stars" of education, which included young universities in Australia, South Korea, Japan, Germany and Finland. Ruskin University England became the only UK representative on the list.
Preparing for admission should start in 1-2 years. Elite schools and colleges help to achieve the required excellent marks for admission to the annual educational courses of the International Foundation, Oxbridge. For medical specialties, there is a separate program with a focus on biology, chemistry and physics - the Medics Specialist Program.
Consider the enrollment process and prices on the example of the Cambridge International School in Cambridge. Admission to the school for foreign students occurs in the following order:
- You send a request to the school in order to receive a brochure about the school
- School attendance (optional)
- Filing and paying a registration fee of 100 £
- Sending time sheets with grades from the last place of study / teacher recommendations
- Getting an offer from school representatives
- Deposit payment 2,400 £
- Student Visa CAS Confirmation Signature
- Tuition for 2 semesters
- Providing a statement of financial solvency (bank statement)
- School sending CAS confirmation to parents
- Preparation for A-Level, International Foundation from 8,240 £
- Academic English courses from 5,290 £.