Find best colleges in USA for foreign students. Studying at TOP US colleges allows international students to get quality education in USA.
Benefits of studying at best USA colleges for foreign students:
- lower tuition fees compared to boarding schools and Foundation programs at universities;
- opportunity to additionally study English with native speakers in college courses;
- studying in small groups;
- individual lessons with students are also widely practiced for better assimilation of the material;
- obtaining specialized professional education, which allows you to work in a chosen field after receiving a diploma;
- gaining hands-on experience (most programs have a learning practice component);
- obtaining the necessary academic skills for further studies at the university;
- equal opportunities with American schoolchildren of admission to the first year of the leading universities in USA or continuing their studies in the second-third year of an American university in a similar specialty (depending on the educational level of the program).
Best USA colleges are not a high school. A college or university program begins in the 13th year of study, when the student is 17-18 years old or older. The two-year college offers an associate's diploma as well as certifications. A four-year college or university offers a bachelor's degree.
Many small US colleges are religious and are sometimes called “bible colleges”. Other colleges are often called “liberal arts colleges” to distinguish them from “colleges” —that is, universities — in general, since the former have a humanitarian bias.
The easiest way is to go to college with a 2-year study. Moreover, there is even no need to know English at the highest level. At such institutions there are special courses that help foreign students to quickly learn the foreign language.
What do foreign students study in college?
The college, like the university, offers a variety of courses and programs. Students can choose to specialize in a particular subject in preparation for further studies or future job.
Upon graduation, you can receive a certificate or diploma, and obtaining an academic degree of an associate usually takes 2 years. Further, students can enter the university for an undergraduate program, which also lasts 2 years. This system is called “2 + 2” (2 years in college and 2 years in university) and is very popular among students. The fact is that the material studied in college makes it easy to enter the university and halve the period of study for the bachelor's program.
In order to study under the "2 + 2" program, courses taken in college must correspond to the future university specialization of the student. Thus, college and suitable courses must be selected according to what you want to study at the university.
List of best colleges in USA
- Princeton University
- University of California - San Diego
- University of California - Irvine
- University of California - Los Angeles
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California - Berkeley
- Baruch College in New York
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Virginia State University