- Learning English at courses in America - study and vacation abroad
- Top language and academic schools for the summer in America
- The cost of summer schools with the study of English in America - rating, reviews, prices
English language today is one of the most popular European languages for study among foreigners and Russian students. And the USA is one of the most popular countries where students from all over the world come to improve their English skills. There are various language schools, summer schools, linguistic centers for children, teenagers and students.
Children's and youth vacation camps abroad are an excellent opportunity not only to improve the level of English, but also to relax in an international environment and make new friends from different parts of the world. Summer schools in the USA offer educational programs for children of junior, middle or senior classes. Many courses during the summer months are based in the Ivy League institutions and are designed for students from 13 to 18 years.
Learning English at courses in America - study and vacation abroad
Many summer schools offer specialized programs for middle and high school students. Traditionally, summer shifts in colleges and private schools in America are held from July to August, training camps at universities can begin the summer program from May. Summer schools offer a wide range of curricula for foreigners and Russian students in various specializations: business, technology, economics, medicine, literature, art, creative writing and much more.
Foreign language schools and camps are suitable for foreigners and Russian students with different levels of language: on the day of arrival, all children are assigned to study groups on the basis of special testing. In each group there are different educational programs from the initial to the advanced level. Therefore, American linguistic schools and centers are suitable for children with zero language knowledge.
At the same time, teaching in American summer schools includes not only academic subjects or language learning, but also thematic activities - for example, it can be adventure, sports or creative camps. In such camps and schools, the first half of the day is devoted to learning English, and after lunch time - lessons in the chosen direction, or physical activity or creative pursuits. Such a format of training will allow each pupil of the summer school to reveal personal skills and manifest themselves in an independent life.
Also attendance of training courses helps high school students prepare for entering the best, leading and prestigious universities not only in the United States , but also in other English-speaking countries. In just a couple of weeks, even students who have been abroad for the first time will be able to immerse themselves in the educational system abroad and understand what the chances of entering foreign universities are .
Top language and academic schools for the summer in America
Among the listed schools there are both elite summer schools falling into the top list of the best educational institutions of the country, and simply the language centers popular among foreign students:
- Columbia Summer Sessions. This summer school at the university is located in New York. Teachers of the center for several weeks are preparing high school students for admission to the university. This school is considered one of the best and elite universities in the US and is a member of the Ivy League Higher Schools. Columbia University is a few blocks away in Manhattan, so students will have the opportunity to study the city in their leisure time. At the Summer School Columbia Summer Sessions for foreigners and Russian students are available more than 100 courses in different disciplines and areas.
- SIG Princeton University. Summer Institute SIG (Summer International for Gifted) conducts educational programs for gifted children aged 9 to 17 years together with leading universities in America. One of them is Princeton University. Within the framework of the summer school, students can choose for themselves one of the 80 study areas, and in their spare time from academic studies, they spend time for gay extra-curricular activities - sports, creative activities, excursions and so on.
- FLS California State University Fullerton . This summer program on the basis of the University in Fullerton is conducted by the international network of language centers FLS, founded in 1986. The main principle of learning here is to learn a foreign language, as a native language. That is, do it with the help of games, interactive and live communication with native English speakers and students. The summer school offers programs that combine language learning with other activities: English + sports, English + creativity, English + special courses. The curriculum of the school is designed for children from 12-15 years and older.
- Embassy Summer Tufts University . Embassy Summer is an international network of training centers with branches not only in America, but also in Britain , Canada , Australia and New Zealand. The summer school of the educational center in Boston is organized on the basis of one of the leading American higher schools of America - Tufts University. The curriculum is standard and includes up to 20 English lessons per week, where academic activities are combined with cultural and recreational activities.
- Julian Krinsky (University of Pennsylvania) . Educational programs of the educational center Julian Krinsky or JKCP help children, teenagers and schoolchildren discover their potential in creativity, show leadership qualities, achieve new results in interesting areas. One of the camps is the University of Pennsylvania , located at the epicenter of the student life of the state of Philadelphia. The campus of the university consists of old buildings, which were modernized in 2009 and today represent an excellent location for comfortable learning, living and recreation.
The cost of summer schools with the study of English in America - rating, reviews, prices
The cost of receiving educational services in summer schools and language courses in the United States is formed on the basis of several criteria: the residence option (residence or host family), meals (full or half board), the work of professional teachers, the duration of training (from 1 to 7 weeks), saturation and a variety of extracurricular programs (excursions, events and so on).
All listed items are usually included in the cost, which varies from 1.5-2 thousand to 3-4 thousand dollars for a standard two-week program. There are also additional items of financial expenses: they are study materials, air tickets in both directions, visa and medical insurance, registration fee and pocket expenses for the period of study in camps abroad.