Cambridge is one of the most popular places of study among those who want to study abroad. Despite the fact that the most famous educational institutions are by right Cambridge University, other colleges are not inferior as educational services. In many respects it is quieter here, life is more measured than in Oxford. Here are the colleges that emerged at the turn of the 13th-14th centuries! Many of them are very beautiful - for example, King's College with its famous chapel, belonging to the masterpieces of Gothic architecture.
Advantages of summer study and rest in Cambridge
- Dozens of summer language camps / schools offer a variety of programs. Here you can find a classic vacation course that has already become a classic, combining the study of English with active rest and acquaintance with Britain on excursions. Increasingly popular are saturated and intensive study options: they will suit those students who want to spend the summer with greater benefit - here the guys will be able to improve language skills in the shortest possible time, and also to study selected subjects at the level of the first year of the university. Cambridge schools are ideal for those who plan to get a foreign secondary education: here students can in comfortable conditions begin to adapt to the future academic environment. The reviews say that it is easier for foreign students to adapt to the academic environment of universities and schools after British camps.
- Children's camp will improve several times their communication skills: students very quickly begin to speak English, forget about communicative barriers, make new friends, get acquainted with unique sights.
- Often children's seasonal institutions work on the basis of the oldest colleges, which in themselves serve as sights, telling about the culture of these places.
Features of Cambridge language schools and camps
- The organization of study and rest is subordinated to the principle "Everything is good in moderation": experienced teachers try not to overload students, to make lessons interesting and fascinating. However, the linguistic unit can be quite intensive: children are engaged from 15 to 25 hours a week, but school students usually do not notice the loads due to a variety of materials. Teachers-native speakers of the language adhere to an individual approach, seek the student to give the necessary attention. Filling groups is small, from 8 to 15 people, so not one student will not be left without the support of teachers. Before the beginning of the classes, students write a test in order to determine the level of foreign ownership and are further divided into groups according to the results.
- The most inquisitive will like more saturated directions, where they can study the subjects from the school list or develop skills in creativity.
- Every day, students are engaged in sports: in the territories there is a variety of sports equipment, allowing you to play golf, tennis, horse riding, canoeing, yachts, etc.
- Parents and children can choose the most suitable accommodation option: in host families, hostels, residences. Meals are organized in cozy dining rooms, usually three times a day.
- You do not need to have a high level of language - it will be interesting here both for continuing education and for students with poor language knowledge.
Language programs for foreign students for the summer
Examples of institutions
Features of the programs
Age of students
The leading college of Cambridge invites students who are preparing for admission to medical faculties. Within 2 weeks, students will actively study specialized subjects and scientific directions, will be able to prepare for the A-Level program. Students will even have a small practice - visits to the best hospitals and medical clinics in the UK, getting to know the best doctors who were students of Abbey College Cambridge.
from 3,500 £
At the main university of Cambridge, a huge selection of programs that can become part of pre-university education in such subjects as biology, philosophy, engineering, literature, history, law, international relations. The shifts are held on July 8-21, July 22-August 4, August 5-18. The basic requirement: good knowledge of the language.
from 5,295 £
There is also something to choose from: you can listen to lectures on fashion, film production, drama, portfolio preparation, jewelry, design. These programs are ideal for those who want to continue their education in this school or just want to have a great time, devote themselves to the creative process and art.
from 2,350 £