Miami is a beautiful city located in the southeast of Florida on the Atlantic coast. Miami has an unofficial title of capital of finance and business - here is the largest concentration of international banks, there are offices of large companies, television and music industries, tourism, industry, international trade and many others. There are prestigious schools, colleges and universities in the city, and every summer they invite students from all over the world to visit the city and take part in educational programs on vacation connecting study and rest. Summer schools in Miami are a perfect summer plan that will give you the opportunity to enjoy warm weather and sandy beaches, learn your language and gain strength before the new school year.
Best Miami Summer Schools for Foreign Students: Benefits
Advantages of summer schools in Miami:
- Miami is a beautiful city with a beautiful warm climate
- Education in the US - one of the best in the world
- The best combination of activities and leisure
- Various kinds of sports and creativity are available
- Special academic programs are available
- Decent level of organization
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Available for children with poor language skills
- Participants from all over the world
- Escort and assistance in all matters.
Summer courses are held in June, July and August (sometimes part of the course is in May or September) and last from 1 to 7 weeks (standard - from 2 to 5). The curriculum includes:
- Language lessons
- Sports activities (to choose from)
- Creativity and art (to choose from)
- Excursions, holidays, events.
Participants are divided into groups by age and level of ownership, since special methods and styles of work are applied. Age groups:
- 3-7 years
- 8-11 years old
- 12-14 years old
- 15-18 years.
Miami Summer Schools: Major Courses and Programs for students
Young students should be accompanied by parents or a nanny / guardian. Lessons are held in small classes, teachers help overcome difficulties in communication and try to reveal the potential of each. Types of classes:
- Level up
- With a bias (for example, business language and etiquette).
Students fix the knowledge gained in the classroom through constant live communication, special debates, speeches and discussions are held. Much attention is paid to the development of skills in correct and accurate oral speech, the expansion of vocabulary, reducing the emphasis. Thanks to the professionalism of specialists in a short time, you can achieve impressive progress!
Separately, SMAPSE experts should mention special academic courses where serious study of disciplines is available and which are often used as a "springboard" for enrolling in US schools and colleges. Available items:
- Computer science
- Science of the environment, ecology
- Natural Sciences
- Humanitarian sciences.
The second and no less important part of the summer school is leisure and recreation: here many kinds of sports and creativity are available to students, which can be combined and engaged in favorite things. A lot of time is spent on excursions, walks, rest on the beach. Participants attend cinema, theaters, museums, shops; memorable places and places of interest, the beauty of nature. Kinds of sport (approximate list):
- American football
- Beach volleyball
- Beach Soccer
- Water polo
- Horseback riding
- Extreme kinds
- Mountaineering, climbing.
Types of creativity and hobbies (list is approximate):
- Theatrical art
- Acting skills
- Writing scripts
- Musical instruments
- Sound recording and sound production
- Architecture and sculpture
- Graphic arts
- Digital Photography
- Design and fashion.
The host country provides all participants with comfortable living conditions. Types of accommodation:
- Residence. Students live in hostels on campus in beautifully equipped rooms (bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, kitchen areas, furniture and household appliances). In the building there are laundries, halls for rest and games, security systems and security. Eating several times a day, you can choose the preferred dishes and different types of diets.
- Host family. Students occupy a bedroom in the house of a local family, visit shops with them, make walks. Especially like this option for those who appreciate home comfort. Breakfast and dinner usually take place at home, and lunch - in the camp.
- Hotel, apartments or apartments. Different types of rooms and amenities are available. Conditions for nutrition are discussed separately.
The cost of participation depends on the institution, direction and content of the course. The price usually includes:
- Language classes
- Selected sport and creativity
- Academic disciplines (if any)
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational aids.
- Medical insurance (not always)
- Visa application
- Pocket costs
- Additional lessons (if available).
The admission process consists of several simple steps: choosing a camp, submitting an application and documents, payment, issuing a visa and other questions. Participants and their parents / representatives must ensure compliance with the rules of conduct. It will not be superfluous to mention that it is better to book a seat in advance, since the demand for education in Miami is really huge.
Choosing the best summer kid's schools in Miami
Examples of summer schools in Miami:
- New York Film Academy South Beach, Miami. The branch of the renowned and prestigious institution offers a unique education using the latest technologies and the most advanced equipment. For 2 weeks the students get acquainted with all aspects of film production, make their own short films. Exclusive professionals work with children, invited experts come to visit. From 2,200 $ per week.
- Rennert International Miami. A well-known language school offers a variety of types of education: Business, Preparation for passing tests, Fashion, Ecology, Marine Biology. Different kinds of sport and creativity. There is the possibility of individual consultations, a large number of excursions and trips. From 1,680 $ for a week.
- University of Miami. Unique methods of teaching - students independently model their plan, choosing employment by interests. Varieties: A-Level Courses (visual arts and acting); R-Level Courses (fitness and recreation); E-Level Course (9-10 years), J-Level Courses (11-12 years), M-Level Courses (13-14 years), S-Level Courses (15-17 years) (include: Humanities, Mathematics and natural sciences, interdisciplinary studies). In each of the blocks are available several subjects / disciplines. Despite a large number of classes, students have a lot of rest and entertainment. From 3,990 $ for 2 weeks.
- OHLA Miami. The famous language center is located in the heart of Miami. Varieties: standard, semi-intensive, intensive, preparation for Cambridge exams, TOEFL or IELTS, individual lessons. Students have the right to independently dispose of free time. Fast language progress thanks to unique techniques.
- Academia Sánchez-Casal Florida. Private educational institution offers a professional program for the summer with training on tennis. From Monday to Friday there are 10 English lessons, 18 tennis training sessions, 4 physical training sessions, activities and entertainment. Weekends are devoted to excursions and holidays. From 1,790 $ for a week.