- Summer schools and courses in Oxford: content and types of programs
- Oxford Courses for Students: Accommodation
- Oxford Summer Schools: Approximate Prices
- Courses in Oxford for students: equals the best
Summer schools in Oxford: general information and benefits
Britain today is the recognized world leader in the field of education, and Oxford is a kind of visiting card of the country: here is one of the oldest in Europe and one of the most prestigious in the world Oxford University. The city also has many colleges, schools and research centers, and many Oxford institutions offer unique summer school programs that seamlessly combine study and rest, academic work and adventure. They can be attended by children and schoolchildren from any country in the world, including with poor language skills.
Benefits of summer schools in Oxford :
- British education is one of the best in the world
- Oxford is the largest center of science
- High level of organization
- Different prices and prices
- A large number of offers
- Rapid progress in linguistics
- Various kinds of sports and creativity are available
- Activities, Holidays and Excursions
- Ensuring student safety
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Comfortable living and eating conditions
- Wide range of courses.
Summer schools and courses in Oxford: content and types of programs
Schools usually operate during the summer holidays in June, July and August (but sometimes partially seize May and September). The duration of the education is from 7 days, the standard course is from 2 to 6 weeks (but maybe more). Participants in summer schools are divided into age groups and subgroups by the level of ownership, each age has special characteristics in perception and behavior, and therefore different methods are used:
- 3-7 years old
- 8-11 years old
- 12-15 years old
- 16-18 years old.
The smallest participants are accompanied by parents or guardians. All students are supervised around the clock by the staff. In the camp you can be both round the clock and throughout the day (the first type is more common).
In general, the learning system is easier in comparison with the classical strict system of school or university education. Lessons are held in small groups 5 days a week before lunch, and afternoons and weekends are devoted to sports, creativity, hobbies and entertainment. In the classrooms there is a cheerful and relaxed atmosphere: the teachers are doing everything possible to make the students feel comfortable, do not hesitate to clarify complex topics and questions, incomprehensible moments. You can choose different types of education:
- Increase in the level (standard, semi-intensive, intensive)
- Preparation for passing tests and exams
- Preparation for entering the school / college / university.
In addition to standard exercises on sections of linguistics, great attention is paid to various interactive activities and communication.
The second important part of the summer school is extra-curricular activities and rest, and here each participant can choose the preferred direction for himself:
- Athletic. Professional training for a certain type of physical activity. You can significantly improve the level of skills in a particular sport under the guidance of experienced coaches. Many schools issue an additional sports certificate of participation.
- Creative. Includes classes for a particular kind of art or creativity - the choice is great and includes many areas of music, film art, theater, fine arts and much more.
- Scientific. Recently, they are becoming more and more popular: they include classes in certain sciences and specialties - physics, chemistry, mathematics, ecology and much more. Especially useful are those who want to increase the general level of education or plan to enter the country's educational institutions.
- Recreation and entertainment. Here emphasis is placed on entertainment activities - a lot of excursions, holidays and events are arranged.
All participants attend excursions, festivals, concerts both in Oxford and outside.
Oxford Courses for Students: Accommodation
The host party takes care of all questions about accommodation and meals:
- School / Center Residence (fully equipped rooms, common areas and amenities)
- Host family (cozy home atmosphere, close acquaintance with the way of life)
- Hotel / apartments (accommodation in the walls of school partners or under special conditions).
All types of accommodation provide an equally high level of comfort. Students are provided with a balanced diet, choice of preferred dishes or special plans (for example, diets) is possible.
Oxford Summer Schools: Approximate Prices
The cost and price of educational programs vary depending on the institution, the intensity of the course and other conditions. The total price usually includes:
- English lessons
- Sport and creativity
- Excursions & Activities
- Academic disciplines (if available)
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational materials.
- Travel expenses, air tickets
- Visa application
- Pocket money
- Additional lessons (optional).
Since the demand for seasonal education in Oxford is high, it is worthwhile to take care of booking a place in advance. For admission, you must:
- Apply now
- Provide a package of documents
- Sign consent to comply with the rules of conduct
- Pay for education.
The staff of the center and SMAPSE specialists will always provide all necessary assistance in the process of admission and registration.
Courses in Oxford for students: equals the best
Examples of summer schools in Oxford:
- Regent Stowe School is held on the basis of the famous Stowe School. 2 variants of the programs are offered: Young learners (7-12 years old) and English club (13-17 years). 21 hour lessons weekly: comprehensive study of phonetics, grammar, writing, reading, listening, active development of conversational skills. Strong programs for squash, tennis and football, active extra-curricular life. From 2,300 £ in 2 weeks.
- Jesus College Oxford. Camp in the legendary college, founded in 1571. From 15 lessons per week in small groups, rapid progress in the level of ownership, as well as a special program "OXBRIDGE TOUR", the opportunity to prepare for the Trinity exams, sightseeing tours of London and Windsor, active sports and recreation. From 1,050 £ a week.
- Shiplake College. Institution with unique programs: "Discover London", "Royal Program", "Olympic Course", "Course-trip to four cities in the south of the country", "Intensive educational course". You can prepare for the Trinity exams. Extra-curricular life includes sports, creativity, hobbies, trips and excursions. From 800 £ a week.
- Oxford Royale Yarnton Manor is part of the Oxford Royale Academy and operates as a prestigious educational center for students from around the world. Courses with a scientific bias (13-15 years): writing skills, economics and management, natural sciences, ecology, human biology, psychology, modern history, physics + chemistry, mathematics, politics and international relations (subjects to choose from). Courses for senior students: medicine, engineering, business, programming, leadership, law, standard English. From 4,490 £ in 2 weeks.
- Bell Bloxham. Summer Active English Course - 15 language lessons + 10 lessons of active rest weekly. The education is focused on the development of oral speech skills, vocabulary expansion, grammar, listening, reading. Various kinds of sports are available, creative circles and electives. On average, there are no more than 8 people in the class, rapid and qualitative progress. From 2,600 £ in 2 weeks.