A language camp abroad is the best option for learning English for students from different countries. Education in a vacation language camp abroad (especially if it is a language camp in New York ) will present to young students unforgettable emotions, new friends from different parts of the world, as well as new knowledge in the field of English. The experience of communication in the international environment will be useful to the student if he plans to continue studying abroad.
Today, there are several hundred language centers and schools in America scattered all over the country. It is not surprising that one of the most popular American cities for learning the language in vacation camps for students is New York.
Learning English in New York's Children's Camps for foreign students
Letting a child go abroad for the first time is an exciting event for many parents, but they should not forget that such a trip has its positive aspects. First, the language camp in New York will help the young student to reveal his social potential, show independence, leadership or organizational skills. Secondly, in America language camps and courses for students are organized on the basis of colleges and universities, which makes the educational process as comfortable and safe for foreign students as possible.
New York language camps are available for students from different countries throughout the school year - during summer, winter, autumn or spring vacations in high school. Of course, most students choose to visit one of the most interesting megalopolises of the world during the summer months, when the weather is fine and making long walks around the city is a pleasure.
Language camps operating in New York, will give the students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the dynamic atmosphere of the metropolis, to visit different city facilities, which in New York is huge.
The daily routine in New York language schools is built on the whole according to the same scheme - it is a study program with 15-20 hours of studying English weekly. In the classes with the guys, experienced teachers are engaged, who strive to make the learning process interesting and effective for different categories of students. For young students this is a game format, for teenagers - a more academic form of employment using modern methods (interactive, games and productions, etc.). On English courses abroad, attention is paid to all the main aspects of the language - vocabulary, grammar, literate speech and writing. To consolidate all the material received, the students are assisted by various activities organized by the camp administration and held every evening - quizzes, discos, sports and intellectual games, excursions, lectures with famous speakers and so on.
Choose a language camp in New York: the top of prestigious and popular schools
Here are several linguistic centers and language schools in New York that are popular with foreign students and attract students of different ages each year:
- GEOS. This language camp is located in the heart of Manhattan. The educational center is in a historic building, from where you can see several city attractions: Midtown, Madison Square Park and others. The language camp in New York invites students from 14 to 21 years old, offering educational programs appropriate to these ages. During the education students are accommodated in the residence, or in the host American family, with any of the options for accommodation conditions - full board.
- LAL. The international network of educational centers has branches throughout the country, and the summer program in New York is held at the University of Fordham University. The language camp is gaining for education foreign students aged 13-18 years. Students are placed on the campus of the University (Rose Hill), which gives them the opportunity to feel like students of an American university, whose territory is equipped with everything necessary for education and recreation. The English language course includes up to 20 English lessons per week, the minimum course is 7 days.
- LSI. Another well-known network of language centers, which has more than 40 years of experience teaching English as a foreign language, and the academic network building is not only in America. In New York, the school is located on the 12th floor of the high-rise campus building of Metropolitan College. The educational process is organized in international groups of up to 16 people, the number of study hours is 15 lessons each week. In their free time, students from the camp are offered sightseeing tours and walks in one of the most interesting cities in the world.
- FLS International. The Networking School of English, founded in 1986, offers to those wishing to branch in New York: here, the summer language camp for students from the FLS network is organized at St. Peter's University. Students of the language school are accommodated in the residence on the campus or in the host family on the terms of a full or partial boarding house. The University building is located 15 minutes from Lower Manhattan, which makes it possible for independent students to explore the city in the surrounding areas.
- St Giles. In New York, the network of educational institutions offers a round-the-clock English-language full-board program for students aged 12 and 16-19 years old (accommodation in a residence for 1-2 people). Summer language school Giles is organized on the basis of one of the oldest colleges of the main New York University - City College of New York. This campus combines old Gothic architecture and the most modern conditions for comfortable study and recreation.
The cost of study in the language schools in New York: prices, ranking
Prices for education at a language camp for students in New York can range from budget options to very expensive ones, and here everything will depend on the chosen camp or educational center. The average cost of staying in a language school for students will be from 1,200 to 2,000 $ per week. The price is formed on the basis of several indicators: living and eating conditions, qualifications and experience of professional teachers, participation in the entertainment and excursion program. Additionally, parents will need to pay for visa, medical insurance and air tickets in both directions.