In this article we have tried to collect the best advice and recommendations regarding how to choose the suitable school for your child. Most likely, you will find here answers to many questions you have - if you are still not sure of your solutions, contact Smapse, and our experts will pick the best option for you.
So, how to choose the right school for your child?
1) Remember: every foreign school has an inspection report from the Association of Private Schools. Perhaps this report will not give you a voluminous picture, answer all questions absolutely, but give a clear and structured picture of the quality of the training, the level of equipment, comfort and service. Also, this report will help to see the prospects for the development of the educational institution, those places that require special attention - so do not focus solely on evaluations of "Excellent", "Good" ratings also deserve your attention.
2) Examples of introductory tests, tests and exams of previous years are often posted on school websites. Their study will help you not only qualitatively prepare for admission on the basis of real materials, but also soberly assess your own level of preparation. Try to think rationally and objectively how much the level and requirements of the school are correlated with the level of development and knowledge of your child.
3) Do not try to apply for admission to all possible schools - decide on priorities and allocate 3-4 institutions. The rest can serve as a backup option, but focus their efforts on these 3-4 main priorities.
4) An excellent solution will be to visit the campus of selected schools - so you can leave in sight only the best options and weed out the unsuitable. If you are planning several visits, starting them better without accompanying the child: this way it will be less tired, the chance of disappointment will decrease in case of failures or discrepancies of opinions.
5) "Here and now" is the main credo in choosing. Think about what kind of school will be useful for the child at his current age. It is wrong to determine for him a college and a university and to select a school according to these indicators - there is a chance that the years of schooling will not be so pleasant and productive. Be based on those requests, needs, interests and opportunities that the child demonstrates today.
6) Be objective with negative reviews. Of course, the "live" rumors and the reputation of the institution are very important, but if there are very few negative reviews, do not focus your attention on them. For example, parents could be in tense relations with the administration and decided in this way to spoil their reputation - who knows? However, if a clear block of negative opinions is singled out, and especially if they relate to the same aspect (living conditions, program balance, nutrition, teacher qualifications), they should not be missed.
7) Do not "chase" your child, do not hire a large number of tutors and do not force to do blackness in the eyes. Perseverance and diligence is good, but everything is good in moderation. Many students, who were strong in their homeland, thanks to an in-depth and balanced training program, are among the best in their new class.