International School - Al Khail
Description of International School - Al Khail
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Year of foundation: 2013
- Number of students: more than 1440
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
International School - Al Khail is an educational institution that provides school programs based on the British national system for children from 4 to 18 years old.
About 1440 students from different parts of the world study here. The teaching staff is also made up of representatives of 26 different nationalities, including great Britain, New Zealand, Ireland and the United States. Education is conducted in English, but the programs provide for the study of Arabic, French, Spanish and 58 other languages in the IB diploma.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International School - Al Khail
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school is only open during daylight hours, so it does not provide a place to stay on campus.
During the school day, students can visit the school canteen, where full lunches, snacks and drinks are offered.
Activities International School - Al Khail
Creativity, sports and social activities are one of the most important areas of development of schoolchildren, so many additional circles and sections have been opened in the institution. Some of them are:
- Sports: badminton, football, swimming, golf, wrestling, karting,
- Arts: theatre, drawing, playing musical instruments, choir, dancing, design, cooking.
The school has more than 50 national teams participating in both city and inter-university competitions. At the tournaments, the honor of the school is defended by about 300 students from grades 2 to 12, which is 25% of the total number of students.
Community work is presented at the school as a volunteer movement that helps shelters and nursing homes, as well as participating in charity events.
Also, the institution conducts a lot of different excursions. Pupils of primary, middle and high schools go to nature, theaters, museums and other historical places throughout the year. Such trips complement the main program, developing horizons and interest in learning.
- Multinationality among students and teachers.
- School uniform.
- Individual approach to each student.
- All programs are accredited.
Facilities and equipment at International School - Al Khail
The campus of the International School - Al Khail is located in the prestigious dubai hills area. The school can be reached via the Al Marabea Road flyover by both public and private transport.
The study area covers 326,000 square meters, offering many equipped rooms. The classrooms use the latest technologies: interactive whiteboards, computers and tablets. The institution also boasts the following infrastructure:
- Specialized classes of natural sciences, fine and performing arts,
- Theatre, open amphitheatre,
- Dance, music studios,
- Cafeteria and parents' café,
- Library with reading room,
- Scientific laboratories,
- Aviation center with simulators,
- Medical Center.
Sports classes are held in open areas, in indoor halls. Also used:
- 25-meter swimming pool with six lanes and adjustable water temperature,
- Full-size football field,
- Basketball, netball, tennis courts,
- Climbing wall,
- Multifunctional halls.
The school has several buses taking students to campus in the mornings and to residential areas after class ends.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts from late August to mid-July. There are three trimesters per year:
- Autumn: August-December,
- Spring: January-March,
- Summer: April-July.
Holidays are provided between semesters and on national, international holidays. Classes are held from Monday to Friday from 8:10 to 15:15, after the lessons events and the work of circles are organized.
- Registration fee – 143$,
- Excursions – from 200$,
- School uniform,
- Books, consumables as needed,
- Accommodation, meals off-campus,
- Personal spending.
Registration process in International School - Al Khail:
- Filling out the application,
- Sending scanned documents by mail to the admissions office,
- Payment of the registration fee,
- Waiting for a response from the admissions committee with further instructions: the date of arrival on campus, the number of entrance tests, the approximate schedule and additional fees.
Some applicants pass entrance tests to determine compliance with the curriculum. After the assessment test, the child is offered a place at school or on the waiting list, if his skills do not yet meet the requirements.
Graduates annually enter some of the best universities in the world. Thanks to success in exams, 86% of students received a place in bachelor's courses, 14% were accepted for preparatory programs. Some of the popular universities:
- Australia: Universities of Sydney, Melbourne, Wollongong,
- Canada: Universities of Capilano, Reirson, Toronto, Brock,
- Europe: Paris Business School, Global School of Entrepreneurship, University of Technology and Economics in Budapest,
- UK: universities of London, Oxford, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Lancashire,
- USA: Universities of St. John's, Bowling Green, Wisconsin, George Mason,
- Ireland: Trinity College, University of Dublin.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications are recommended to be submitted at the beginning of each trimester, but the reception is conducted throughout the year.
For admission you need:
- Personal documents of the child and one of the parents: foreign passport, birth certificate, etc.
- Medical documents: vaccination certificate, insurance.
- Scorecard for the last two academic years.
- Certificate of transfer from another school.
Scholarships International School - Al Khail
Discounts on tuition fees are provided to the third, fourth and fifth child from the same family. The discount varies from 15 to 50%. The first student from the family pays for his studies in full.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about International School - Al Khail
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.