Our Own English High School – Dubai
Description of Our Own English High School – Dubai
- Year of foundation: 1968
- Hotel Area: Dubai
- Age of students: 4+
- Number of students: 13000+
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: international day school.
One of the oldest in the country, Our Own English High School has been offering students an outstanding education and level of support for over 50 years. It began as a small preparatory school with 27 pupils and 3 teachers, and has developed into one of the largest schools for girls with ten thousand pupils and more than 500 teachers and administrative staff.
He is a member of the Central Council of Secondary Education in Delhi. From grades 1 to 4, boys are also admitted to school; since grade 5, there has only been a women's section.
For 7 years in a row, the school has received a "Very Good" rating from the DSIB; the combination of sports and extracurricular activities, the integrity of training are noted.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Our Own English High School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school is located in the central part of Al Varqa's work in Dubai, UAE.
Activities Our Own English High School – Dubai
The school is convinced that extracurricular activities are essential for comprehensive early development, which is why Our Own Dubai pays close attention to this component. Arts, culture, science and sport are seamlessly integrated into the curriculum, offering students a wide range of opportunities:
- Physical education: badminton, basketball and volleyball, athletics disciplines, chess, table tennis and football. Every year, Sports Days and other competitions of the inter-faculty level are held;
- Music and dance. Along with the classes included in the mandatory program, students can hone their skills in a particular musical instrument, vocals, take part in choirs and ensembles;
- A variety of educational and recreational trips, tourist camps, outdoor picnics and excursions have become an integral part of the program;
- Mentoring programs for students of 7-8 grades, including volunteering, philanthropy and various kinds of service;
- Own farms offer unique horticulture classes that develop a complex of students' knowledge about botany, plant growing, and agriculture.
In addition, teenagers can try themselves in the framework of the Model UN, a green club that coordinates a variety of eco-initiatives, the EPWS program aimed at life skills training, internship programs, as well as student leadership, public speaking competitions in English or Arabic, other activities and activities.
- Early development of employment skills;
- Highly qualified teachers and staff;
- 50 years of brilliant experience;
- Better career prospects after graduation;
- Development of personal and social skills through academic and extracurricular means.
Facilities and equipment at Our Own English High School – Dubai
Our Own English High School is distinguished by a combination of traditional approach and methodologies and modern equipment. Students have access to:
- A large multifunctional assembly hall for events with a modern acoustic system, lighting and a projection screen;
- Interactive smart boards in all classrooms;
- Three spacious libraries: two for students of different ages and one with texts in Arabic (access to a variety of full-text subscription online resources);
- Design Research Laboratory;
- Fashion Research Laboratory;
- Mathematical laboratory;
- 9 scientific laboratories of various profiles;
- 9 ICT laboratories;
- Four art studios for children of different ages;
- Dance studio;
- Recording studio;
- 5 rehearsal rooms of different capacity;
- Own agricultural farms;
- Two prayer rooms;
- Complex of continuing professional education;
- Modular canteens;
- 3 polyclinics;
- Shop of stationery, uniforms and educational literature;
- 2 parking: for parents and bus, for 180 buses.
Sports infrastructure is also quite diverse:
- 200-meter running track with synthetic turf and stands;
- Indoor playground;
- Volleyball court;
- 3 basketball courts;
- Cricket net;
- Venue for outdoor events;
- Football field with artificial turf and lighting.
The entire territory of the school is equipped with wireless Internet access, video surveillance systems and signaling devices.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school offers students the possibility of direct and return transfers through a well-thought-out network of bus routes with the help of STS – a certified provider of school transport in Dubai. All buses are equipped with seats with seat belts, scanners, security devices and video surveillance. The service is paid, from 4100 AED / year (depending on the direction and length of the route).
The first stage of the admission procedure is online registration. It is necessary to fill out the registration form and send it online for consideration by the admission committee. All necessary documents must be attached to the form. In case of failure to provide individual documents, they can be sent, but the consideration of the application will begin no earlier than the school receives a full package of documents.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In matters of admission, the school is guided by KHDA standards.
From kindergarten to grade 4 inclusive, co-educational classes are recruited, and only girls are accepted from 5 to 12.
To enroll in a kindergarten, a student must reach the age of 4 years by March 31 of the current year, for enrollment in grade 1 - 6 years.
Together with the questionnaire, a number of documents must be submitted:
- 4 photocopies of a student's passport with a valid UAE visa,
- 5 fresh photos, size 6x4 cm,
- 3 photocopies of the student's birth certificate in English or Arabic (the original must be attached for verification),
- a photocopy of the sheet with grades from the last exam taken in the previous school (applicable for admission to grade 1 and above),
- original vaccination card and 1 photocopy,
- original UAE identity cards and certified copies,
- if necessary, a certificate of transfer and a certificate from the last class of the last school attended, certified in accordance with the instructions (provided by the admission committee upon request).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Our Own English High School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.