Winchester School – Dubai
Description of Winchester School – Dubai
- Age of students: from 3 to 18 years,
- Location: Dubai, UAE,
- Founded: 2003,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
As one of the most popular schools in Dubai, the Winchester School has been teaching the National Curriculum for England (NCFE) to students from all over the world since September 2003 and continues to be a sought-after educational institution due to its convenient location, excellent facilities and good reputation.
The vision of Winchester School – Dubai is to develop a transformative learning community in which all stakeholders feel loved, respected and encouraged to take on global responsibility and realize their potential.
- Create and promote a culture of growth mindset so that children can learn by being resilient, innovative in problem-solving, and effective communicators.
- Empower unique, empathetic and self-reliant participants for a rapidly changing world, instill in them critical thinking skills and a global perspective.
- To create a positive and stimulating environment with a holistic approach to nurturing people's academic, social and emotional well-being, instilling respect for the core values of honesty, loyalty, perseverance, care and compassion.
The School of Winchester offers the National Curriculum of England. Currently, the school has groups of primary classes from the basic level to the 13th grade. Students take the CIE and Edexcel exams. The National Curriculum for England is a broad and balanced curriculum applied in more than 150 countries around the world. It is based on a structured and broad structure that describes the expected levels of academic performance at all stages of school life.
In grades 10 and 11, IGCSE subjects are studied, in grades 12 and 13 – AS and A level subjects. All examinations are administered by the Cambridge International Examination Board, except for the Math AS&A level, which is administered by Edexcel. The BTEC Nationals Level 3 Diploma from PEARSON (equivalent to A-Level standards) in Business, Information Technology and Applied Sciences is also offered. Students of Winchester School receive higher education around the world, many of them enter prestigious universities.
In addition to developing specific skills and competencies, the curriculum focuses on innovation, research, creativity, analytical assessment, and other skills needed to meet the challenges of the future.
Students get the opportunity to use the latest technologies to improve their learning: for example, VR in the classroom, the inclusion of artificial intelligence and coding in the curriculum, the integration of STEAM.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Winchester School – Dubai
Activities Winchester School – Dubai
All activities encourage students to learn throughout their lives and develop their academic, sporting and social skills:
- Sports days,
- Charity events,
- Weeks of activity in STEAM,
- Debate competitions,
- Oratory competitions,
- Poetry and short story contests,
- World Mathematics Day,
- Competition of young entrepreneurs,
- ENBD Banking Competition,
- Educational Fair,
- Trips abroad,
- Local overnight trips – Dibba Trip,
- Scientific competitions,
- Graffiti Competition,
- Competition of innovative products,
- STEM Olympiad,
- Thematic weeks,
- Islamic Week,
- Islamic values and culture of the UAE,
- Celebration of the UAE National Day,
- Poetry Competition,
- Book Fair,
- Arabic Reading Club.
Student participation in extracurricular activities is as important as academic performance.
One of the extracurricular activities that the school offers is sports and extracurricular activities. There are a wide range of options:
- Outdoor workouts,
- Table tennis
- Very high scores in the National Agenda Parameter, supporting achievement and progress in school.
- Outstanding personal development, Islamic understanding, social responsibility and innovative skills are fostered at all stages.
- Complete safety at school, full care and support.
- Assistance in adapting to the curriculum.
- Very good leadership, characterized by the commitment and determination of the director, who is actively and sincerely supported by senior staff and managers.
Facilities and equipment at Winchester School – Dubai
All classrooms are equipped with interactive LED screens, Internet access – ICT is a key component of the lesson. All primary and secondary school classrooms are equipped with lockers for storing books and bags (without trolley bags).
- Multi-purpose hall. Spacious, modern, air-conditioned auditorium: here students can play home games, develop their oratorical and theatrical talents.
- Sports fields. In addition to the large multi-purpose hall, the school has a variety of sports grounds that promote specialized learning in a variety of outdoor games. Outdoor and indoor sports grounds have been renovated with new sports floors to maximize the sports experience with optimal health and safety.
- Music and arts and crafts rooms. The school believes in identifying the best creative abilities of its students. The well-equipped arts and crafts and music rooms encourage and support talented young artists and musicians of all age groups. Art cafes – carte blanche zones – led by students are available in primary and secondary buildings.
- Scientific laboratories. The school provides well-equipped scientific laboratories for the practical application of scientific subjects in both primary and secondary sections.
- Computer labs. The school has six computer labs with Internet connectivity and multimedia facilities. ICTs are a compulsory component of the curriculum until grade 9, offered as elective subjects from grades 10 to 13.
- Library. The school has two well-equipped libraries with books, periodicals and a variety of other resources for all age groups. The love of reading is encouraged from a very early age as an independent way to enjoy learning and gain knowledge.
- STEAM cafe. The school has two STEAM labs, one each in elementary and high school, equipped with the latest technology: LEGO, robotics, 3D printers and Doodlers. STEAM is an integral part of the curriculum of the entire school with separate grades 4 to 9, included in the lessons in most subjects in all annual groups.
- BTEC laboratory equipped with the latest computers. BTEC is a career-based qualification designed to provide the practical skills needed for the transition to higher education.
- Food laboratories. Food and Nutrition is offered as an IGCSE subject as a two-year course: students are encouraged to develop their culinary skills in the club and in extracurricular activities.
- A 3D room with a 3D projector and 3D glasses for watching videos on science and mathematics for primary and secondary school from EUREKA by Designmate.
- The air-conditioned Playground for Foundation Stage students provides a safe and secure environment for sports throughout the year.
- Indoor outdoor playgrounds: for high school students, for basic students.
- School transport. A fleet of air-conditioned buses to help students reach the school comfortably. Bus routes cover all areas of Dubai.
- Medical care. The school has two well-maintained infirmaries with two permanent doctors and four nurses. All students undergo regular medical and dental examinations; The infirmary works in close cooperation with the Government of Dubai, the Department of Health and Medical Services, the Primary Health Care Unit.
- School store: textbooks, workbooks and stationery.
- The school cafeteria has partnered with Slices, a provider of school meals. Slices is a natural food company to change the eating habits of the next generation in the UAE by providing them with fresh, healthy and nutritious meals.
Admission dates and extra charges
The entry fee is AED 525 (including VAT). This amount is non-deductible and non-refundable if the school offers the student a place and if the child's registration is not carried over to the next period/academic year.
Admission is subject to availability upon completion of the re-enrollment process. Siblings at school are given priority on the waiting list. There is no entrance test, but an assessment of enrollment is carried out depending on the age, followed by a personal meeting. For FS1 and FS2, all children should be fully prepared for a self-toilet and should be able to have simple conversations about age.
Private guided tours of the school are held on weekdays and Saturdays by appointment.
Steps for admission:
- Fill out the online application form,
- Upload all the documents online required for admission, contact the admissions office,
- Meet with a member of the leadership team and medical team,
- After the offer of a place in the school, an entrance fee is paid - 10% of the total amount of fees for the year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- A copy of a valid residence visa and passport of the student(s) and both parents,
- Original Identity card of the student and both parents of Emirates,
- A copy of the identity card of the student and sponsor of Emirates,
- 4 recent photos of your child,
- A copy of the student's birth certificate,
- A copy of the student's vaccination card,
- A copy of the original scorecard/report for the previous year or the last exam taken at the previous school,
- Letter of recommendation from the head/principal of the previous school,
- Record of attendance for the last year from the previous school,
- Medical documents in case of any medical needs (allergies, asthma).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Winchester School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.