Al Barsha National School in Dubai
Description of Al Barsha National School in Dubai
- Age of students: from 2 to 18 years,
- Location: UAE, Dubai,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English, Arabic,
- Type: mixed, then - separate.
Al Barsha National School aims to become one of the leading national schools that prepares future leaders – confident, resilient and ethical citizens of the world.
Children are offered a world-class education based on the National Curriculum of England. This educational program – from Foundation to A-Levels – is recognized as one of the best in the world and provides students with the opportunity to gain access to universities in the UAE and abroad. Particular attention is paid to the development of literacy and numeracy skills in both Arabic and English through the same bilingual education during the years of study at the Foundation and at other educational levels.
Learning programs develop children's critical thinking, leadership skills, creativity, and problem-solving skills through a variety of fun and innovative, student-centered activities.
In the primary grades, girls and boys are taught together, starting from the 5th grade - separately.
Al Barsha National School offers an international curriculum that takes into account and respects Arab culture and local traditions. England's expanded national curriculum will combine the skills and competencies of the twenty-first century to develop confident, resilient and adaptable learners to an ever-changing world.
The curriculum is creatively designed to provide students with a variety of opportunities – they can ask questions to satisfy their intellectual curiosity, and explore ideas.
- All Muslim students study Islam from grades 2 to 13 inclusive,
- All Arab students (registered at a school with an Arabic passport) study Arabic as a first language from grades 2 to 13 inclusive,
- All students registered at the school with a non-Arab passport study Arabic as an additional language from grades 1 to 9 inclusive.
The curriculum is conducted by highly qualified teachers educated in the UK and the best Arabic teachers with a proven track record.
- Al Barsha National School is a member of British Schools Middle East. This organisation supports a network of UK international schools in the region and represents an invaluable partnership between member schools and business partners specialising in educational services, products and tools.
- Pearson Edexcel Pearson Edexcel is the UK's largest organisation awarding academic, professional and working qualifications, including BTEC, Edexcel and LCCI. Al Barsha National School has received permission to conduct its courses from this organization.
- Oxford AQA Oxford International Exams AQA – Al Barsha National School is approved to deliver courses offered by Oxford AQA, a joint venture of Oxford University Press, a branch of the University of Oxford, and AQA, one of the UK's leading academic organisations.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Al Barsha National School in Dubai
Activities Al Barsha National School in Dubai
The institution aims to offer local boys and girls a wide range of opportunities that allow everyone to develop skills and realize their individual interests. To do this, there are both classroom and extracurricular activities:
- After-school activities and clubs,
- School Magazine,
- Book Club,
- Debate (Arabic/English),
- Poetry (Arabic/English),
- Science Club,
- Sports (swimming, netball, football, badminton, tennis, etc.),
- Chess Club,
- Music (e.g. choir/group – in both Western and Arabic styles),
- Dance/Drama (both Western and Arabic),
- English/Mathematics/Arabic and other academic communities;
- Art and craft circles (glass painting/cross stitch),
- Quran Club,
- Cooking Club,
- Animation Club,
- Arabic Reading and Writing Club (in support of the Year of Reading in the UAE),
- Additional language clubs are French/German.
Paid activities from ESM
ESM is Dubai's leading sports education academy for children and adults of all levels. These programs include tennis, football, swimming, cricket, rugby, rock climbing, holiday camps and more. The main goal is to provide all students with knowledge and tools for self-improvement in sports.
- UAE Advanced School,
- Active development of the educational institution,
- Modern technical equipment
- England's National Curriculum,
- International accredited British qualification programmes (IGCSE/GCSE),
- General Certificate of Advanced Education (A Levels).
Facilities and equipment at Al Barsha National School in Dubai
- Spacious study areas with interactive whiteboards and LED displays,
- Large indoor and outdoor education and playgrounds,
- Indoor and outdoor multi-purpose sports facilities and playgrounds,
- 25-meter swimming pool with six lanes,
- Two libraries with a full range of resources designed to combine traditional learning with digital media, including dedicated places to support students and small group learning,
- Science and ICT Laboratories,
- Creative spaces that provide students with access to a wide range of learning opportunities, including robotics, innovative design technologies and visual arts,
- Premises for performing arts – music, drama and dance; performance theater, a multifunctional space designed for musical and dramatic productions, school assemblies, meetings and exhibitions,
- Prayer rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
An application fee of AED 525 (including VAT) is for admission to GEMS Al Barsha National School. Not deducted from the total tuition fee payable if the student is offered a place and accepts it.
The registration fee is 10% of the total cost and is deducted from the total cost for the academic year.
- Step 1: send an online request,
- Step 2: Check the email address that was provided when sending the request – a confirmation email will be sent. This is a guideline for all further communication with the school related to the application,
- Step 3: pay the registration fee and bring to the school all the necessary documents to complete the registration process,
Step 4: Wait for the school to contact you to schedule an interview or test test for your child.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Copies of passports of the child and both parents, as well as a stamp of entry into the UAE and / or a page with a resident visa,
- 2 recent passport photos,
- A copy of the child's latest school records,
- Transfer certificate,
- Full information on any special educational needs and individualized learning plans (IEP), any report of the educational psychologist, if completed,
- 1 copy of the child's birth certificate (residents of some countries must present a certified copy),
- Full information about all vaccinations and vaccinations of the child,
- Copies of the identity cards of the child and both parents.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Al Barsha National School in Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.