New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
Description of New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
- Location: Dubai, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 2013,
- Number of students: more than 2200,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The New Millennium School in Al Hail has been recognized as a center of learning and excellence, educating children from Pre-K to Grade 12 and enabling them to find and realize their true potential. The school is proud of an ever-expanding multicultural community of students and educators represented by people of 19 different nationalities. Today, the institution is recognized as the only CBSE school in the region with an international perspective.
The innovative curriculum includes a wide range of subjects, each designed to develop key skills: communication, problem solving, research, critical thinking, innovation, personal and social awareness, and entrepreneurial spirit. Of particular importance is the emphasis on developing writing and numeracy skills to meet the needs of students of all age groups.
Vocational guidance at school begins in the 8th grade. Students will learn a lot by attending the following classes:
- Financial literacy lessons,
- Singularity University's Global Futures Curriculum (for grades 9),
- Competitive exam coaching for admission to engineering and medical courses in India,
- CISCO courses, including Internet of Things and CCNA during extracurricular activities,
- Participation in various regional and international events, including Model UN, MUN, business simulations, innovation challenges, theatre and literature festivals,
- Career cartographic assessment: interests, abilities and aspirations,
- Regular education with career counsellors in various fields,
- Internship programs offered by the school, providing an opportunity to try yourself in various professions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
Accommodation, meals, prices
The on-campus dining room is staffed by professional chefs presenting a new menu each week. The school administration is attentive to the health of students and monitors the supply of food, cooking and serving food. Every week, students have a full lunch in the dining room, choosing dishes from two options: regular and vegetarian. Students are offered soups, cereals, vegetables and fruits, meat and dairy products. Also, each student will be able to ask the cooks for individual preparation of the dish in connection with medical, religious or other grounds.
In the cafeteria, students will not be able to find carbonated drinks, chips, chocolate and other harmful snacks. School staff carefully monitor the food brought from home to avoid allergic reactions in other children.
- KG1 students eat in their classrooms to minimize the transition time from the classroom to the cafeteria. Students are encouraged to bring food that doesn't need to be reheated because the shortened day prevents the use of microwaves.
- Students in third grades and older visit the dining room on their own during their lunch break. Students can buy hot meals and drinks or choose salads and sandwiches from an assortment as additional options. Students can always bring their lunch from home, and there is a microwave oven to warm up the food.
Meals in the canteen are paid for by student cards. The cashless system is especially beneficial for parents of younger students, as purchases and balance are easy to control remotely.
Activities New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
The free after-school program at New Millennium School allows students to linger at the school to participate in various activities. Under the supervision of teachers, students do homework, attend art, music and theater courses. About 95% of students stay on campus after completing basic classes for socializing, personal development, and academic preparation.
The institution has opened many courses of additional education in different areas.
Performing arts and visual arts:
- Dances: Indian, Modern, Western,
- Playing strings, keyboards, percussion instruments,
- Public speaking,
- Drawing with watercolor, oil.
- Ice skating,
- Table tennis
Information Technology Courses:
- Graphic design.
Also, students are taught lessons of financial literacy, the basics of entrepreneurship.
During the school year, each student has the opportunity to show himself at one of the competitions. For example, KSVarkey Elocution invites students from all schools in the UAE to participate in the competition of four areas: Sub-Junior, Junior, Sub-Senior and Senior. Participants must provide poems or excerpts of their own composition. An inter-school competition of business simulations, Terra Vista and the prestigious Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Al Nahyan Award are also organized.
- Evaluation of the institution "Very good" according to the results of the DSIB inspection in 2019,
- The school has received all the necessary accreditations,
- Teacher of the Month Awards,
- Compulsory school uniform.
Facilities and equipment at New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
The school's campus is located in Al Haida, Dubai. For effective and comfortable education on the territory prepared:
- Scientific laboratories: biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics,
- Integrated Department of Robotics Maker Space,
- MAC Computer Lab,
- Library with reading room,
- Total audience for 500 seats,
- Lecture classes,
- Drama, dance, music technology, recording studios,
- Dining room,
- Indoor and outdoor playgrounds for younger students,
- Multifunctional sports hall,
- Studio of arts and creative crafts.
Also, the institution boasts excellent sports facilities, where both group and individual classes are held under the guidance of specialists. Among the sports infrastructure:
- Swimming pool
- Football field,
- Cricket fields,
- Tennis court,
- Playground in the shade,
- Basketball courts.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year begins at the three levels of education in different ways: in April, education starts for junior classes (up to the ninth), in May - for 10 and 11, and in February - for the oldest.
The duration of the school year is 9-10 months. Holidays are provided on the days of national and international holidays, weekends - on Saturdays and Sundays. On some Saturdays, additional classes and excursions are held.
- Registration fee – 143$,
- Books, consumables,
- School uniform,
- Payment for additional and individual lessons,
- Excursions and trips not included in the program.
The process of admission to the New Millennium School:
- Fill in the online application form,
- Get the request number and print it,
- Provide the required documents,
- Pay the registration fee,
- Expect an official letter of enrolment.
Most graduates of the New Millennium School enter the leading universities of different countries. In recent years, former students of the school have chosen for themselves and have been admitted to the following institutions:
- University of Glasgow in the UK,
- Christ University in India,
- Rochester Institute of Technology in Dubai,
- Arizona State University,
- Indiana University,
- University of Waterloo in Canada,
- The University of Sheffield in the UK and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Documents required for admission:
- A printout of the confirmation of the request, which is sent by e-mail after the completion of registration,
- Three copies of the birth certificate of the future student,
- Three copies of a student passport with a valid residence visa,
- A copy of the identity card of the UAE citizen,
- Five passport-size photographs on a white background,
- A copy of the passport of the father and mother with a valid residence visa,
- A copy of the scorecard of the final or last exam taken in the current or previous class,
- Original certified transfer certificate or school leaving certificate from the last school attended,
- Fitness certificate for future students KG1. This medical certificate must be provided from a public hospital or an officially recognized clinic and confirm the child's state of health, absence of allergies, vaccination and fitness for school.
Scholarships New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
The Duke of Edinburgh International Prize is the world's leading award for achievement among young people. Students of the New Millennium School can participate in its receipt, showing their potential and academic success.
The school provides a new scholarship program, the award of which is based on academic merit, success in creativity, sports, innovation and digital technologies. Candidates receive a benefit ranging from 25 to 100% of their annual tuition fee.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about New Millennium Private School – Al Khail
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.