Royal Dubai School
Description of Royal Dubai School
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Year of foundation: 2005
- Number of students: more than 1000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
Royal Dubai School is a full-time school that provides British education programs for children from 3 to 11 years old.
The main attention of teachers is paid to the needs and interests of each of the students, so graduates have competitive data for admission to the best universities in the world. Over the years of its existence, the school has earned many awards for the quality of education and the comfort of students, which fully reflects its superiority.
Things to know about
Parents of younger students of the school participate in the education of their child no less than teachers: they attend classes, spend breaks together, go with children on excursions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Royal Dubai School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school works in the daytime mode, so it does not provide places for living.
During the school day, there are several canteens on campus, where students can have a snack or have a full lunch, choosing food from a menu of hot dishes, drinks, salads and desserts.
Activities Royal Dubai School
During the academic year, Royal Dubai School students have plenty of opportunities to participate in sporting, creative, academic and charitable activities. Also, for the development of talents and the search for their interests, clubs are open:
- School Orchestra,
- Literary Club,
- Scientific Circle,
- Choral Club,
- Math Circle,
- Coding, programming,
The main sports areas in the school are:
- Team sports: football, basketball, netball,
- Cross-country running.
Support for creative development occupies one of the main places in the learning process. The campus is equipped with state-of-the-art studios for music, drawing, dancing and theatre arts, so students can embody their ideas and skills in their spare time. They are also given the opportunity to participate in inter-university and city competitions, representing the school.
Every year, the school organizes educational visits - fascinating trips that complement the curriculum and increase interest in learning. Students have already visited the Sheikh Mohammed Cultural Understanding Centre, the Emirates Marine Reserve, the Astronomical Centre, the Meydan Hippodrome and the Quran Park.
- About 70 nationalities among students.
- Highly qualified personnel trained in the UK.
- The institution has an "Outstanding" rating from the DSIB Inspectorate.
- Certified according to British standards Overseas school.
Facilities and equipment at Royal Dubai School
The building of the institution is located near Mirdif: this area has an excellent transport system connecting the school with all areas of Dubai and Sharjah.
The Royal Dubai School campus is equipped with:
- Classrooms with interactive whiteboards, projectors,
- Innovation Laboratory,
- Library, reading room,
- Outdoor courts for basketball, netball and tennis,
- Creative studios of music, theatrical and visual arts,
- Computer lab,
- Two swimming pools: 25-meter with six tracks with a depth of 1.5 m, a children's depth of 0.5 m,
- Indoor sports hall,
- Dining room, parents' café.
Students have access to wireless internet, school PCs, laptops, iPads and iTouch.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year consists of several trimesters:
- Autumn: August-December,
- Winter: January-March,
- Summer: April-July.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday. Saturday, Sunday and national, international holidays are considered days off. Long holidays are provided in honor of the New Year and in the summer. For summer season you can choose from kids camps in UAE programs.
- Accommodation, meals off-campus,
- School uniform,
- Application fee – $143,
- Registration fee – 10% of the total price for the academic year,
- Activities not included in the program,
- Personal and non-campus expenses.
- Fill in the form by providing the required documents,
- Pay the registration fee = 143$,
- Expect a response from the admissions committee with further instructions: the date of arrival on campus, the number of entrance tests, additional fees, etc.
After completing the program at the Royal Dubai School, students successfully proceed to the next stage of schooling in the best institutions in Dubai that teach the programs of the national British education system.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Royal Dubai School, you must provide:
- Copies of personal documents of the child and one of the parents: passport, birth certificate, vaccination certificate, visa, etc.
- Children's and school reports for the last two years.
- Original transfer document from another educational institution.
Scholarships Royal Dubai School
The institution provides discounts on payment for the program for the third (15%), fourth (25%), fifth (50%) child from the same family. There is also a discount system for Employees of Emirates Airlines: from 5 to 15% of the training price.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Royal Dubai School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.