- Education in Universities Abroad - Programs and Features
- How to enroll in universities abroad: documents, especially enrollment
- List of documents required for applying to foreign universities:
- Tuition fees at universities abroad
For Russian and foreign children, schoolchildren, teenagers and students, studies in institutions abroad are a profitable contribution to quality education. This applies equally to both secondary and higher education . Foreign colleges and universities give certain advantages to their students - such a diploma is accepted anywhere in the world and helps to bypass competitors in the struggle for a prestigious place of work. A graduate can build a career both in the country where he studied and at home.
Abroad there are enough options and opportunities for obtaining a prestigious education, because there are elite universities in every European country. Top universities with world renown are in Britain , USA , Canada , Germany , Italy and other countries. The general structure of education abroad is subordinated to the Bologna system, with each country having its own conditions for admission and training of students. The listed states differ in the standard of living, and as a consequence - with prices for educational services. Therefore, in order to choose a really suitable educational institution, we recommend that you study the proposals in different countries.
Education in Universities Abroad - Programs and Features
Studying abroad is attractive for foreign and Russian students for one more reason - it is an opportunity to learn the language of another country at a good level, to get acquainted with the local way of life, cultural traditions, cuisine and not only. All foreign countries have their own educational standards and offer national training programs or training courses for admission of foreigners. Usually, universities and colleges abroad do not enroll young people immediately after the completion of the high school stage - to enter the university applicants need to expand the available knowledge. Therefore, in many countries, an intermediate stage of study between school and university is mandatory. For the pre-university training institutions in different countries use either national programs ( A-Level in Britain, Abitur in Germany, Baccalaureate in France, etc.), or international - they operate not in one European country, but can be applied everywhere:
- International Baccalaureate . This is the most common program of preparation for the university of the international format. It is used for teaching students and students in educational institutions in all countries of Europe. The course lasts 1.5 or 2 years, during which students study in depth the discipline from the list of general subjects. At the IB course, foreign students can improve their knowledge of a foreign language for study at a selected university or college.
- Foudation . Initially, the course appeared in the UK, and is now used in other English-speaking countries, such as Canada or America. Thanks to the annual Foudation course, foreign and Russian students can smoothly restructure themselves on the European educational system. The preparation takes place in academic subjects and in the English language and helps a foreign candidate enter a university abroad.
How to enroll in universities abroad: documents, especially enrollment
Russian and foreign students, when enrolling in a foreign institution of higher learning, besides academic training, will have to do many more things: collect all the papers, send an application to the university (preferably several at a time), and have the ability to pay for studies abroad.
There are several steps, following which, the entrant can make the process of enrolling in a higher school abroad productive and quick:
- Have the appropriate qualifications. For admission to foreign universities, students are not accepted on the basis of one document on secondary education. This applies not only to Russian and foreign applicants, but also to local applicants. To qualify, a candidate for a student must undergo pre-university training programs. For Russian students, this stage is a smooth transition from one education system to another.
- To know a foreign language. What language to teach depends on the country where the high school is a priority for the applicant. Educational institutions in many countries offer programs in English. There are no less countries where education is available only in the national language. For example, in Germany with a strong knowledge of German higher education can be obtained on a free basis. The level of linguistic knowledge is tested using special tests, and each language has its own standards.
- Pass necessary tests. In addition to the language exam, many colleges and universities conduct additional entrance examinations for applicants - this can be a test in core subjects or a general test for the level of academic knowledge. These introductory tests are also conducted in the state language. When enrolling in a Master's program abroad, students pass a standardized Graduate Record Examination exam. It helps to determine the general level of knowledge of a candidate received by him at the undergraduate level. The test includes an essay, a linguistic and a mathematical part. According to his results, the entrant can enroll in almost any university in the UK and higher schools in other European countries.
- Have the necessary amount of money. It is better to be puzzled by the financial issue before the documents are issued. If a student can not confirm the possibility to pay for his studies abroad, it will not make sense to send applications. Various scholarship programs and educational grants are also widely distributed in foreign educational institutions. To receive financial support for training can be both foreign students and local residents.
- Collect the package of documents. One of the priority stages for admission to universities and colleges abroad. Paperwork, preparation and passing of tests - all this will take a lot of time. Therefore, it is better to start preparation 10-12 months before the expected start of the school year. In addition to the correct list of securities, in some countries their order in the envelope may matter. For example, this is relevant for Germany.
List of documents required for applying to foreign universities:
- Certificate / diploma of first higher education, translated into English
- The report card for 2-3 years of training in the previous place
- Certificate of language testing with a high score
- Letters of recommendation also translated into English
- Motivation letter
- Extract from the bank, confirming the financial capabilities of the student.
Tuition fees at universities abroad
The price of the question will depend directly on the country chosen by the student. All countries differ in their standard of living, and the cost of receiving educational services will depend on this factor. For example, for education in English, the UK and the United States are the most popular countries. At the same time, prices for receiving educational services are not the lowest. There are not many countries in Europe offering English-language courses to foreign students: this is the Netherlands, where the annual training will be around 25-30 thousand euros. In Italy, only national programs, but the cost is much lower - from 10 to 25 thousand euros per year. The state language will also be required in France , Czech Republic , Spain , Hungary, Germany and so on. In addition to paying for studies, the student will have to take into account the costs of living in the territory of another country - an average of € 500-1000 per month for these countries (food, pocket expenses, etc.). Certain financial costs will require preparation for admission: visa and insurance, purchase of air tickets in both directions.