- Package of documents
- Scholarships and grants
- Student visa and its features
- How to increase the chances of enrollment?
- Get ready for stress
The golden rule of the entrant: prepare for admission to a foreign university in advance. Going to continue their education abroad, people forget about the likelihood of unforeseen circumstances, the result of which may be failure to comply with the deadlines for submitting documents for a scholarship or a visa not issued by the first day of classes. Such situations endanger the entire event.
It will be useful to read about the stages and nuances of receipt, which will prompt you to begin the process of preparation right from this minute.
Package of documents
- International exams are a test that requires lengthy fundamental preparation. Many do not pass them the first time. Unfortunately, the results go to the examiner for a long time: with a high probability it will be necessary to send them in paper format to the university selected for admission, which will postpone the date of admission.
- Having received a package of documents, the educational institution has the right to request additional papers (for example, originals), the delivery of which will take another two or three weeks.
- Priority is given to those who, without delay, sends documents long before the end of their admission. Stretching out, you risk losing space.
- Dormitories in universities accepting international students are in high demand, so an application for accommodation should also be sent as early as possible.
The most reliable is to seek help from the SMAPSE agency: SMAPSE experts will help you draw up a complete package of documents in accordance with the wishes regarding the learning conditions. The finalization process will almost certainly occur in stages and therefore should begin long before the admission campaign.
Scholarships and grants
An important point: to apply for participation in the scholarship program should be much earlier than entering the university - sometimes it takes 18 months to indicate your intention to receive a scholarship. It is extremely useful to simultaneously submit your documents to various scholarship funds that can cover part of the costs. Such an application can be accepted long before or immediately after confirmation of admission to a foreign university.
Student visa and its features
When contacting the embassy, consider the season and the flow of tourists so that he does not play a trick on you: reviewing documents and arranging a personal interview in some cases takes a long time.
In European countries where advanced international universities are located, they may be suspicious of an applicant who is traveling abroad for the first time - to avoid this, travel to Europe in advance as a tourist. Choose the USA, Canada or Australia: the trip will bring additional benefits by introducing you to the flight procedure, passport control and the features of staying in an unfamiliar country. A personal visit to the chosen university and acquaintance with its students will help to resolve doubts; going to the unknown is always more exciting.
The selection committee, as well as the embassy staff, is likely to require you to present bank statements, where the amount of money is stored for more than six months, allowing you to pay for education and stay in another country. A scholarship at a foreign university, as a rule, is a discount on tuition, but you still have to pay for accommodation yourself. The time spent on applying for a visa and the application procedure are not included in these six months - it should be taken into account and added.
Having decided to take a break between graduating from your educational institution and entering a foreign university, take care of finding an official job, ideally by profession. The embassy and the university will probably ask what you did in this period of time. In order not to lose a whole year, graduates often enter a local university or college in order to apply abroad after the first course: they study in European schools for 12 years and a certificate of a domestic school for some European universities is not enough reason for admission.
How to increase the chances of enrollment?
If you firmly decided to compete with the best and go to a prestigious university, follow the advice of experienced students:
- Get experience in the chosen field;
- Be active in organizing social events;
- Publish an article in a magazine at a city or regional level;
- Make a presentation or public speech on socially significant topics;
- Take part in competitions, at the end of which they give confirming certificates;
- Try to get into charity programs or internships as a volunteer, best of all abroad;
- Think about the topic of your research for the future thesis, prepare the outline.
Get ready for stress
It is difficult to cope with these nuances and tasks yourself: many are stressed and even refuse to undertake foreign education or, even worse, fail exams on a nervous basis. Therefore, a reasonable decision is to start the preparation process as early as possible, picking up reliable advisers, because there may be more subtleties and pitfalls.
If you think that time is lost, do not give up. It is possible that SMAPSE will be able to help find ways to fulfill your dreams, solve problems faster or find alternative options, organize a specific procedure for applying for a scholarship not with real, but with the expected grades, or SMAPSE will get the results of exams urgently, sending them directly to the university.
The nuances that seem complicated and time-consuming to you are for SMAPSE the usual work that experts have done hundreds of times and will be happy to take it upon ourselves.