Boston's leading high schools for foreign students
Obtaining secondary education abroad is inherent in such characteristics as a high level of quality of educational services and widespread prestige, which, in turn, contributes to the growth of popularity among students.
In the case of completing education at a secondary school in Boston, a graduate acquires all the necessary conditions for comfortable adaptation to the new international and cultural environment, while at the same time gaining the useful knowledge and skills necessary for successful admission to ranking universities in the United States and other countries.
Boston is a popular student city on the territory of which Ivy League universities are located, namely Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, etc. Especially for foreign students, the widest list of balanced educational programs has been developed. Boston is inherent in the presence of an intellectual environment that allows harmoniously and comprehensively improving the level of academic and linguistic knowledge, as well as cultural knowledge. So, in Boston there are a large number of educational museums, art galleries, while at the same time entertaining and cultural events are organized.
What do you need to know when enrolling in top Boston high schools?
- The most popular among foreign students is the American High School Diploma educational program, upon completion of which a prestigious diploma of secondary education is issued to graduates.
- Students in grades 11-12 are given the opportunity to receive an elite secondary education as part of the international baccalaureate program, International Baccalaureate. So, the certificate of passing this program is universally recognized and quoted in all countries of the world, which allows you to enter ranking universities abroad.
- Pupils of the senior 11-12 grades are given the right to choose one or several disciplines for education in the framework of an educational program of increased complexity, namely The Advanced Placement. This education program provides for the teaching of 34 disciplines at the first year level at the university. Upon completion of education, graduates freely become students of an elite university, both America and other countries of the world.
As practice shows, for 1 day classes are provided for academic subjects for 5-6 hours. At the end of the school year, exams are organized to assess and monitor the level of knowledge acquired by students, the good results of which allow you to go to the next class. Studying in Boston's advanced high school, a foreign student receives excellent pre-university education. In addition to studying, the organization of diverse leisure activities is also provided, including sports and cultural events.
Elite High School Boston Selection Procedure
Choosing a prestigious school in Boston, SMAPSE experts draw attention to the presence in Boston of both advanced state and private schools, which are characterized by a high level of comfort of staying, educational services, as well as infrastructure equipment. SMAPSE experts advise foreign students to study in the walls of elite boarding schools. Due to their permanent residence on the territory of the school residence, foreign students are easier to adapt to the new linguistic and cultural environment, while at the same time excellent opportunities have been created for making new friends and acquaintances.
Also, as part of the selection of an educational institution, it is worth considering its geographical location, the list and variety of educational programs, the specific characteristics of the school, as well as its position in the rankings.
TOP-3 Best High Schools in Boston
It is popular among foreign students, it is inherent in great prestige. Boston's elite high school has modern equipment for classrooms, a high level of infrastructure equipment for the school campus. A truly unique learning environment has been created within the walls of CATS Academy, while providing a high level of quality educational services. This educational institution has earned an impeccable reputation over the period of its work. Its distinctive features are due to the author's teaching methods, which are characterized by a high degree of effectiveness. Upon completion of education, graduates freely enter top universities, both in the United States and other countries.
Foreign students from 14 to 18 years of age are invited to undergo education in the framework of high school educational programs. In addition, foreign students are offered effective summer language courses in English, as well as an intensive academic course for high school students, in the framework of which preparations are being made for successful entry into the top universities that are members of the Ivy League.
As for the content of the educational program, it provides for conducting classes under the program of the American high school, at the same time, there is an effective preparation for the successful passing of the AST and SAT exams. In addition, professional consultations with students on the choice of the best university or college are organized twice a week. So, a visit to Harvard, Yale, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, as well as Brown University is mandatory as a school event. Thus, a foreign student from 16 to 18 years old will be given the opportunity for personal acquaintance with modern university campuses, communication with students and teachers. Thus, you can make the right choice in relation to a university in which you would like to receive an elite American higher education. Please note that within the walls of a prestigious school, education is conducted as part of the English as a Foreign Language, ESL course, the purpose of which is to improve the level of English language proficiency.
In addition to studying for students, various leisure activities are organized, in particular in sports and volunteer activities. As for the placement of foreign students, it is provided on the territory of the school residence or in the host family on a full board basis. The cost of education, taking into account full board accommodation throughout the year, starts on average from 33,000 $.
The leading school in Boston practices a joint educational format, inviting foreign and American students to study. Entering a ranking school in Boston, a foreign student is guaranteed to receive educational services of a high level of quality, while ensuring the comprehensive and harmonious development of the student.
Foreign students over 15 years old are invited to attend the high school program. As for accommodation issues, schoolchildren live on the territory of comfortable school residences, in the walls of which there is a friendly and cozy atmosphere. Tuition on average varies around 59,400 $ per year.
It is a popular art school among foreign students all over the world, which specializes in teaching as part of an educational program that includes classes in academic subjects and various types of art. According to statistics, 100% of graduates of a ranking school become students of top American universities. Students for the period of study are located in the territory of cozy school residences, in rooms that are designed for 2-3 teenagers. The cost of education per semester averages 28,900 $.
How is admission to top high schools in Boston organized?
So, a foreign student needs to prepare a package of documents, while this issue should be addressed at least a year before the planned receipt:
- The international language certificate IELTS, which indicates a high level of knowledge of the English language, the minimum mark is 4.5 points. Alternatively, you can provide a TOEFL certificate
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English, mathematics, as well as from the class teacher
- School report card for the last 2-3 years of study
- If available, it is worthwhile to provide evidence of good results in various fields, in particular, certificates, medals in creativity and sports.
The specific characteristics of elite secondary education in the best schools in Boston
All prestigious schools in Boston, both public and private, are divided into 3 groups, namely:
- Elementary classes - teaching children aged 5 to 10 years.
- Secondary school - education for students from 11 to 15 years, in addition to compulsory subjects, the study of 3-4 disciplines is provided, which are independently chosen by the student
- High School - Teaching is conducted for foreign students aged 16 to 18 years. At this stage, students are given the right to independently form a curriculum. Thus, the student independently chooses the disciplines of interest to him, knowledge of which is necessary when entering a university.
Regardless of the stage of education, teaching is conducted in English. If it is necessary to improve the level of knowledge of the English language, you can undergo studyig in the framework of the developed language courses.