Guidance on how to study in Warsaw. Top 8 schools and universities in Warsaw, study fees, rankings
Currently watching: 2from 5000.00 $ / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 2500.00 $ / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 1Apply with documents
Currently watching: 2Apply with documents
Currently watching: 1Apply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 2900.00 € / yearApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 1140.00 € / 15 lessonsApply with documents
Currently watching: 2from 3400.00 € / yearApply with documents
Since the beginning of the 2000s, Russian schoolchildren and students have been attracted to studying in Warsaw - this is a period of reforming the educational system of Poland in order to attract young specialists from abroad: reorganization of the educational process, benefits for foreigners, the opportunity to enter for Russians without passing exams. A European diploma of international standard, obtained in Poland, gives privileges and opportunities - you can get a job in large companies with multimillion-dollar capital in any country in the world: Google, Apple, Volkswagen, Gazprom.
Features of studying in Warsaw schools for international students
Studying in Warsaw and other cities in Poland also attracts many foreign students - this is a chance to learn several foreign languages, surrounded by English-speaking people. To enter the Polish school, it is enough to have a birth certificate and a medical certificate. In the elementary grades, children feel freedom - there is little homework, teachers are not strict. The load grows gradually, leaving time and energy to visit additional sports or creative sections.
Secondary education in Warsaw allows children to develop personal qualities, learn how to solve problems on their own, and understand what they want from life. The educational system for children is interesting - they are happy to attend school, rarely skip classes and tend to high grades. Education in Polish schools lasts for:
- 1-3 grades - children get basic knowledge and get acquainted with the world around them, learn to write, count, read. Kids are engaged in singing, drawing and physical education. Additionally, they can sign up for religious or ethical classes - the decision is made by the parents.
- Grades 4-6 - the load increases, subjects are added: Polish, art history, computer science, natural history. After the 6th grade, students pass the test.
- Grades 7-9 (gymnasium) - the number of subjects is increasing. Children choose electives, popular - family life lessons.
- After the gymnasium, students go to high school, where training lasts 3-4 years. Upon completion of training exams are held - they are graduation and entrance examinations at the same time.
It’s easy to enter Poland’s school for children with insufficient language skills. By high school, children do not feel discomfort and communicate freely, write and read in Polish. Education in schools in Warsaw and other cities is free, you only need to pay for uniforms, stationery, textbooks and meals — about 20 € per month and 70-100 € per year.
Features of higher education in Warsaw for foreign students
For foreign students Warsaw is attractive for many reasons. For admission, you need confidence, a desire to learn and good command of a foreign language: Polish or English - studying takes place according to programs in different languages. Ideally, it is worth taking summer vacation language courses with learning English in camps at universities or in private schools. The terms of study depends on the initial level of language proficiency: from 1 week to a year.
Having received a diploma of full higher education in English, you will have more chances to receive a prestigious job in a large company - they prefer specialists with excellent Business English proficiency. Such programs are more expensive, but also available to many applicants - for approximate tuition fees and accommodation, see the table below:
1 year of study at a state university in Polish
From 1250 €
1 year of study in a private university in Polish
From 900 €
1 year of study at a state university in English
From 2200 €
1 year of study in a private university in English
From 3,600 €
Accommodation + meals (per month)
From 300 €
Studying at universities in Poland is divided into:
- Bachelor = 3-4 years.
- Master = 1.5-2 years.
- Doctor of Science = 2-4 years.
A Master’s degree testifies to complete higher education. If you decide to study as a doctor, pharmacist, psychologist or lawyer, graduation is mandatory. Foreign students need to get a Bachelor's degree firstly and then apply for a Master's degree in a Polish university.
Benefits of studying in Warsaw for international students
Froeign students are attracted with a prestige diploma, affordable prices, simple admission conditions and other advantages:
- Life in a European country provides an indispensable experience - a person changes, thinks differently.
- While studying in Poland, you can visit dozens of sights of this country: architectural monuments, sculptures, royal parks, monuments of the Second World War, etc.
- Small size of Europe is an another advantage. During holidays, you can quickly get to other European countries, studying and admiring their history, culture, customs - the cost of an air ticket starts at 30 €.
- There are student exchange programs with other countries in Poland - this is a chance to get two diplomas from different universities.
- Years of life in Poland will allow you to thoroughly learn 2 foreign languages: Polish and English.
- Students from dozens of countries will be your fellow students: communicating with them, you will learn the culture and customs of different nations, their history and habits.
Studying in Poland can change a person’s life, giving him a lot of opportunities for life and career. If you have such a desire - prepare documents and submit them to universities in Warsaw, Krakow and other cities. If there is uncertainty due to lack of funds, remember the scholarships and grants that are awarded annually to hundreds of applicants. Scholarships and grants cover from 25% to 100% of expenses - write an application for their receipt and change your life for the better, getting a prestigious European education!
General statistics on education in Warsaw
General information about Warsaw
The cost of living in Warsaw
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||52||86|
|Sports and leisure||18||70|
Accommodation options in Warsaw
|Shared room outside of centre||190|
|Shared room in city centre||264|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||335|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||436|
Coordinates Of Warsaw
|Elevation (STRM3)||113 m.|