3 best private schools in China to study quality courses for international students
- Education information
- High Schools in China
- 8 features of studying at private schools in China for foreign students
- Tuition fees at private schools in China for foreign students
- Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
- Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
- Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
- Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
- Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
Top 3 private school in China. School and university league tables. Our company has put together a number of accredited and prestigious institutions for international students. You can read a more detailed information on how to get into private schools in China, rankings and fees by clicking on the photo or title. The detailed info 2023 fees and description of programs is accessible by pressing on the program.
High Schools in China
Despite the huge number of public and private schools in China, foreign students can only study in the best of them. In order to teach international students, the school needs to receive appropriate accreditation and a license from the Ministry of Education.
Nowadays, among all international schools in China there are 3 main types:
- Foreign nationals schools - schools in China for children of foreign diplomats, international businessmen and other people who are not citizens, but work in the country. The number of these schools is only 16% of the total list of private schools, as they are designed for people of high social status and level.
- International programs based on Chinese public schools - being very popular 10 years ago, now their number has sharply decreased due to cases when, hiding behind the name of a respected public school, a private international branch worked in bad faith and worsened the reputation of the school as a whole. Therefore, this division was no longer encouraged by the Ministry of Education, and the number of such schools decreased to 30%.
- Private schools in China, based on international educational programs: this type today makes up a percentage majority of all private institutions.
8 features of studying at private schools in China for foreign students
Despite the fact that the curriculum of all Chinese schools is thoroughly tested and evaluated at the Ministry of Education, private schools in China have several tangible advantages over public ones. In private Chinese schools, the language of instruction can be either Chinese or English. Boarding schools in China have recently gained great popularity, and there are several objective reasons for this:
- High-quality education with an opportunity of in-depth study of the exact or natural sciences, programming and other relevant subjects. Private school graduation certificates in China are listed at universities around the world.
- The ability to attend optional creative classes of choice (art, music, theater, web design, etc.).
- Number of students in classes: while the average number of classes in public schools can reach 50 people, in private schools in China this number does not exceed 30
- High-quality teaching staff: private schools in China are trying to attract teachers from abroad, native speakers with specialized education. Local teachers are required to have higher university teacher education.
- Excellent infrastructure: China's private schools are equipped with modern computers and multimedia equipment, educational laboratories, and often even their own observatories.
- Bilingual programs: Chinese private schools can offer training both in the state educational program of China, and receive a certificate of an American or British school, studying in the branches of the largest foreign schools in the country.
- Excellent living conditions: private boarding schools in China are usually complexes that combine classrooms, a campus for living, a dining room, sports grounds and other infrastructure on the same territory.
- Humane pricing policy: in comparison with the recognized leaders of foreign education, the prices for studying in a Chinese private school are much cheaper than in similar educational institutions in the UK or the USA .
Tuition fees at private schools in China for foreign students
As you know, receiving junior secondary education in public schools is free for all residents of China. Foreign students, in any case, will have to study on a paid basis, so a private school in China would be a more reasonable choice.
The average cost of studying at a private school in China is about $ 12,000 per semester, this amount already includes full board accommodation, a set of educational materials, uniforms, medical insurance and all administrative fees.
Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
|The opportunity to enter the best universities in England, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Europe, the world||Expensive|
|High quality of education and academic standards||Strong workload|
|Perfect English after graduation||The need to change the social environment; it takes time to adapt|
|Useful contacts||The difficulty of choosing the most suitable school for the child, requires a qualified specialist|
|1||North Broward Preparatory School|
|2||Phillips Academy Andover|
|3||The Storm King School New York|
|4||Red Bank Catholic High School|
|5||Windermere Preparatory School|
|6||Shattuck St Mary's School|
|11||The Village School|
|12||Amerigo Los Angeles – Bishop Montgomery High School|
|14||Kent School USA|
|15||The Winchendon School|
|17||Marian Catholic High School Amerigo Education|
|19||The MacDuffie School|
|20||CATS Academy Boston|
|21||The Cambridge School of Weston|
|23||Amerigo Education Napa Valley|
|24||American Hebrew Academy|
|25||Northfield Mount Hermon School|
|26||Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego Amerigo Education|
|27||American University Preparatory School Los Angeles|
|29||Kent School USA|
|31||Maine Central Institute|
|32||The Lawrenceville School|
|33||Grand River Academy Оhio|
|34||Saint John Paul II Academy|
|35||Chicago North Shore|
|1||College Du Leman|
|2||St. Georges School Montreux|
|3||Institut Monte Rosa|
|4||Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz|
|5||Saint-Charles Collège et Lycée|
|6||Leysin American School|
|7||Hochalpines Institut Ftan AG High Alpine|
|8||Aiglon College Switzerland|
|9||Institut Le Rosey School|
|10||Institut Montana Zugerberg|
|12||Brillantmont International School|
|14||Ecole Pre Fleuri|
|1||Brookes Shawnigan Lake|
|2||Rosseau Lake College|
|4||Columbia International College|
|6||St Andrew's College|
|7||Brentwood College School|
|9||Bodwell High School|
|10||Trafalgar Castle School|
|12||Shawnigan Lake School|
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|3||Queen Ethelburga's College|
|5||The National Mathematics and Science College NMSC|
|16||King's School Canterbury|
|17||ACS School Cobham|
|21||King's College St Michael’s|
|22||Mill Hill School|
|32||Prior Park College|
|36||City of London Freemen’s School|
|38||Brooke House College|
|40||St Clare's Oxford|
|42||Royal Russell School|
|48||Royal Hospital School|