5 best private schools in Cyprus to get effective education for international students
- Education information
- 6 best academic programs for international students in Cyprus
- Studying at Pascal English School for international students in Cyprus
- Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
- Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
- Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
- Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
- Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
Top 5 private school in Cyprus. School and university league tables. Our company has put together a number of accredited and prestigious institutions for international students. You can read a more detailed information on how to get into private schools in Cyprus, rankings and fees by clicking on the photo or title. The detailed info 2023 fees and description of programs is accessible by pressing on the program.
6 best academic programs for international students in Cyprus
American Academy of Limassol is among the best private schools, colleges in Cyprus for children, schoolchildren and students from abroad. Since 1986 a private co-educational school has been accepting foreign children 2-18 years old for programs with learning English.
The Academy works according to the British educational system, is engaged in all levels of education - from preschool to high school:
- private kindergarten (from 2 to 4 years old);
- elementary school (from 5 to 10 years old);
- high school (from 11 to 18 years).
The educational system at the American Academy of Limassol involves active participation of students in all aspects of school life, a high level of interaction with teachers, the use of the best modern techniques, a large number of practical classes. Teachers of the Cyprus school are leading specialists who have relevant knowledge in their subject area and have extensive experience working with children, adolescents from different countries.
A school in Cyprus annually invites foreign students to study under a variety of programs.
- English courses "Immersion English" are aimed at students (11+) with an initial knowledge of English, suitable for combining with basic general education.
- GCSE program aims to study in high school (14-16 years) according to the British educational standard. Upon completion of the course, students take an exam and receive a certificate that is quoted all over the world and which makes it possible to enter the A-level, IB Diploma programs.
- Preparation for the A-level - a course that includes expansion of general academic knowledge, specialized study of some disciplines, improving the level of English proficiency. Age of students - from 16 years.
- A-Level is a British program of preparation for entering highly ranked universities of the world. Students (16-18 years old) study compulsory and specialized academic disciplines, deepen their command of English. After passing the exams, students receive a certificate.
- International Foundation is an English university preparation program. The teaching methodology includes a language unit (including academic English) and in-depth classes in the chosen direction. Students are over 18 years old.
- English + summer holidays for schoolchildren - a combined course with learning English, a rich entertainment unit, a weekly visit to the laboratory of the University of Nicosia. Qualified teachers, modern teaching methods, constant language practice in the classroom and during joint leisure time will help children and adolescents significantly improve their linguistic level. Age - 11-18 years.
For foreign students, accommodation in a comfortable residence in full or partial board under the supervision of mentors is offered.
Studying at Pascal English School for international students in Cyprus
Pascal English School is a boarding school that has been hosting students from 12-18 years old since 1988. The network of educational institutions has two Greek and three English schools located in Limassol, Nicosia and Larnaca. Schools of the Pascal English School network have national and international accreditations, extensive experience working with foreign students.
Programs offered by the school:
- Middle classes (English) - an intensive 6-year course aimed at actively studying the main academic disciplines. The first three years - a general education program, then students choose a profile of study: they study 4 disciplines in depth, 3-6 subjects - as standard. At the end of the program, students pass exams, receive a national certificate of Apolytirion or British GCSE.
- English + summer holidays for schoolchildren - vacation programs for foreign students 9-17 years old. The educational module includes development of basic language skills: reading, listening, grammar, vocabulary. Key attention is paid to the development of fluent oral speech. Experienced teachers, native speakers use the technique of thematic classes. The entertainment module includes excursions, beach vacations, parties, shopping.
Students are provided with accommodation in comfortable apartments or hotels located near the school, boarding meals.
Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
|The opportunity to enter the best universities in England, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Europe, the world||Expensive|
|High quality of education and academic standards||Strong workload|
|Perfect English after graduation||The need to change the social environment; it takes time to adapt|
|Useful contacts||The difficulty of choosing the most suitable school for the child, requires a qualified specialist|
|1||North Broward Preparatory School|
|2||Phillips Academy Andover|
|3||The Storm King School New York|
|4||Red Bank Catholic High School|
|5||Windermere Preparatory School|
|6||Shattuck St Mary's School|
|11||The Village School|
|12||Amerigo Los Angeles – Bishop Montgomery High School|
|14||Kent School USA|
|15||The Winchendon School|
|17||Marian Catholic High School Amerigo Education|
|19||The MacDuffie School|
|20||CATS Academy Boston|
|21||The Cambridge School of Weston|
|23||Amerigo Education Napa Valley|
|24||American Hebrew Academy|
|25||Northfield Mount Hermon School|
|26||Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego Amerigo Education|
|27||American University Preparatory School Los Angeles|
|29||Kent School USA|
|31||Maine Central Institute|
|32||The Lawrenceville School|
|33||Grand River Academy Оhio|
|34||Saint John Paul II Academy|
|35||Chicago North Shore|
|1||College Du Leman|
|2||St. Georges School Montreux|
|3||Institut Monte Rosa|
|4||Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz|
|5||Saint-Charles Collège et Lycée|
|6||Leysin American School|
|7||Hochalpines Institut Ftan AG High Alpine|
|8||Aiglon College Switzerland|
|9||Institut Le Rosey School|
|10||Institut Montana Zugerberg|
|12||Brillantmont International School|
|14||Ecole Pre Fleuri|
|1||Brookes Shawnigan Lake|
|2||Rosseau Lake College|
|4||Columbia International College|
|6||St Andrew's College|
|7||Brentwood College School|
|9||Bodwell High School|
|10||Trafalgar Castle School|
|12||Shawnigan Lake School|
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|3||Queen Ethelburga's College|
|5||The National Mathematics and Science College NMSC|
|16||King's School Canterbury|
|17||ACS School Cobham|
|21||King's College St Michael’s|
|22||Mill Hill School|
|32||Prior Park College|
|36||City of London Freemen’s School|
|38||Brooke House College|
|40||St Clare's Oxford|
|42||Royal Russell School|
|48||Royal Hospital School|