- Los Angeles Leading High Schools - Learning Specifics
- What you need to know about elite high schools in Los Angeles for foreign students?
- Ranking of the best boarding schools in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Top High School Admission Procedure
- Reasons for Choosing Top Los Angeles High Schools
- Key Features of Secondary Education at Best Los Angeles Schools
- How much does it cost to study in ranking schools in Los Angeles?
After reading this article, you will get a complete picture of the best high schools in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Leading High Schools - Learning Specifics
On the territory of Los Angeles there are a large number of prestigious secondary schools, within the walls of which comfortable conditions have been created for the education and living of foreign students. So, at present, Los Angeles is assigned the status of a global financial, scientific, and also educational center. In addition, dozens of leading schools, which occupy the top positions in international rankings, are successfully operating in Los Angeles. In particular, the University of California of Los Angeles deserves special mention, which belongs to the third line of the ranking according to The Times Higher Education in 2018.
Los Angeles ranking high schools are developing educational programs aimed at foreign students of middle and senior grades. Below are the main educational programs, the passage of which allows you to freely enter ranking universities, both in the USA and other countries of the world, namely:
- American High School Diploma - upon graduation, graduates receive a diploma of secondary education
- International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma) - the target audience is foreign teenagers who have completed grade 10. As part of the education, high-quality and effective pre-university studying is conducted.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - the duration of education in the framework of this educational program is 2 years, effective pre-university studying of foreign students of 16 and 18 years is conducted.
In addition to obtaining high-quality academic and linguistic knowledge in the framework of teaching, an emphasis is placed on the comprehensive development of the personality, thereby acquiring useful social and personal qualities and skills.
What you need to know about elite high schools in Los Angeles for foreign students?
Teaching is conducted in English. Thus, for unimpeded adaptation to the new linguistic and cultural environment, a good knowledge of the main language skills is required. In this connection, a high level of knowledge of the English language is highlighted as the main requirement for admission to TOP US universities.
As the main advantages of studying at prestigious high schools in Los Angeles, it is worth highlighting a convenient geographical location due to the fact that the predominant number of leading schools are located directly on the Pacific coast or at a close distance from it. Foreign students are given the opportunity to study in advanced schools located in the very center of Los Angeles, thereby allowing students to actively and excitingly spend their free time. If your child does not like the bustle of the city, then you should pay attention to schools located in picturesque park areas and mountainous areas, in which all conditions are created for a close acquaintance with the California weather and landscapes.
In Los Angeles, public and private schools operate successfully. At the same time, the best option for foreign students will be studying in elite private boarding schools, the walls of which provide for the solution of the issue related to guardianship and accommodation of the student. Living conditions in comfortable school residences make it easier to adapt to the new linguistic and cultural environment and make new friends.
In addition, in the case of excellent academic performance, the student may be awarded a high scholarship.
Ranking of the best boarding schools in Los Angeles
Education at this school is conducted on a full board basis. The target audience is foreign students aged 14 to 18 years. So, students are housed in a comfortable school residence. As part of the education, emphasis is placed on nurturing leadership skills in students who are able to work in a team. With regard to geographical location, the school is located on the Pacific coast, surrounded by beautiful hilly terrain. In addition, the school has a paleontological museum. Especially for foreign teenagers aged 14 to 16, a high school program has been developed, which is characterized by a high degree of intensity of education. In addition, students are offered an education program of increased complexity, namely Diploma + Advanced Placement, focused on successful pre-university studying. Tuition on average starts at 60,845 $ per year.
- Prestigious school Idyllwild Arts Academy
The target audience is foreign students seeking to undergo effective studying in order to freely enroll in the faculties of creativity and art. The high school education program provides for the study of school-wide disciplines, and classes in art and sports are also held. Usually the duration of academic courses is on average 1 year. In terms of geographical location, the school is located in the highlands of San Josinto, a short distance from the San Bernardino National Forest, which has the status of an ecologically clean and protected area in California. Los Angeles is 2 hours away by car. As for accommodation issues, foreign students are accommodated in comfortable rooms for 2 students. Creative individuals can enjoy visiting various art galleries, museums, as well as exhibitions. The cost of education varies about 30,000 $ per semester.
- Leading Public School Providence High School
This prestigious school takes part in the Nacel Open Door F-1 Public School Program, inviting foreign students to study. In the framework of educational programs aimed at foreign teenagers, a harmonious and comprehensive development of the individual is provided. Within the framework of the programs, in addition to obtaining high-quality fundamental knowledge in academic subjects, at the same time, students acquire useful social qualities and communication skills in an international environment. Duration of education starts from 1 year. Please note that in accordance with this education program, leading USA schools do not provide a guarantee for the transfer of educational loans that were received in the school at home. The cost of education per year on average is 40,000 $.
- Elite Private School American University Preparatory School
Within the walls of this school, educational programs lasting 4 years have been developed, their passage allows you to get effective academic preparation for unhindered admission to TOP universities in America. As for the geographical location, the school is located on the premises of the Los Angeles hotel. In addition, the university model, curricula and courses are used as the basis of educational programs. Teachers who have experience working in such US universities as Harvard University, George Washington University, Boston College, UCLA, UC Berkeley and others are invited to teach. Foreign teenagers live in comfortable rooms of the hotel for the period of study. The cost of education per semester starts on average from 23,725 $.
This educational institution is an elite private school, within the walls of which teaching is combined with a scientific approach and traditional Christian values. At a distance of 30 minutes by car from Los Angeles there is a school, the territory of which includes modern sports fields, various technological research laboratories. Foreign students from 11 to 14 years old are accepted to study in the middle school program from grades 7 to 10. If the student is interested, he can attend various electives in robotics, karate, debate, art, choreography, etc.
During the period of its functioning, the school has earned an impeccable reputation. To receive an elite secondary education under the high school program, foreign students from 15 to 18 years are invited. The cost of education starts at 68,000 $ per year.
Los Angeles Top High School Admission Procedure
- Provide an international language certificate. In particular, the IELTS exam must be passed at least 4.5 points. Alternatively, you can provide a TOEFL certificate.
- Provide school report cards for the last 2-3 years of study
- Prepare a package of documents containing information about the teenager, his successes and achievements, as well as participation in various extracurricular activities, as well as his health.
- A personal interview with a member of the selection committee or passing tests is required.
Reasons for Choosing Top Los Angeles High Schools
- The predominant number of schools in the United States have modern infrastructure
- The flexibility of educational programs - depending on the goals, interests, preferences of the student, an individual educational program is formed
- The high level of prestige of the certificate of secondary education in Los Angeles, its presence allows you to enter the ranking of American universities
- The possibility of taking specialized language courses - as part of the initial stage of education, it is worth studying intensively English along with the educational program. So, passing language courses helps to overcome the language barrier in a short period of time, which, in turn, will allow you to achieve a level of English proficiency of almost native speakers.
Key Features of Secondary Education at Best Los Angeles Schools
The duration of study in the United States is 12 years. The period of study in elementary school lasts from grades 1 to 5, the target audience for the passage are children aged 6 to 10 years. The length of study at Los Angeles High School is 3 years. Upon reaching 16 years, the student envisages a transition to high school, the period of study in which is 4 years.
As for the grading system, during the school year, students accumulate educational loans in each subject. To successfully pass the exam and obtain a diploma, you need to dial a certain number of credits.
How much does it cost to study in ranking schools in Los Angeles?
The price of education is determined by such parameters as the geographical location of the educational institution, accommodation options, the prestige of the school, as well as the chosen educational program. On an additional basis, payment of the registration fee, training materials, medical insurance policy, the saturation of the leisure program, the participation of the child in various laboratory and practical classes, the purchase of a school uniform are provided.
As a rule, the cost of education during the year ranges from 55,000 to 90,000 $.