Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in Europe for international students. Most Swiss universities are TOP educational institutions that are included in international rankings. The cost of academic programs in Switzerland is influenced by factors such as the nationality of the student (more precisely, whether his country is in the EU or not), the choice of course, the level of academic preparation and knowledge of the language.
3 financially available universities in Switzerland
On the website of the studyinswitzerland.com, the universities of Geneva and Lausanne are called the most affordable in financial terms for students. The cost of studying in these universities is from 500 CHF to 580 CHF per year for foreign students, students from EU countries and Swiss citizens.
3 financially available universities in Switzerland:
- Université de Genève
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
- Université de Lausanne.
Average cost for undergraduate programs in Switzerland
According to the educational portal Educations.com, the average cost of bachelor's programs for international students is 18,500 CHF, or 16,837 EUR per year. However, the price can vary from CHF 5,000 to 40,000 CHF depending on the university.
The cost of Bachelor's programs at universities in Switzerland (per year):
- University of Geneva – from 988 CHF
- University of Bern – 1867 CHF
- University of Lausanne – 1142 CHF
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland FHNW – 1384 CHF
- EU Business School Geneva – 13 500 CHF
- Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland – from CHF 20,766
- Webster University Geneva – 34 000CHF
- HIM Hotel Institute Montreux – 58 150 CHF.
How many master's degrees in Switzerland
The price range for master's programs is wide - from 3000CHF to 13 000 CHF in state universities, from 15 000 CHF in private ones. The price for MBA programs is from 15 000 CHF to 93 000 CHF per year:
- American University in Switzerland – from 15 000 CHF
- Université de Lausanne – HEC Lausanne – from 45 000 CHF
- Strathclyde Business School – from 57 000 CHF
- Universität St. Gallen School of Management – 58 500 CHF
- Universität Zurich – from 65 000 CHF
- IMD Business School – 92 500 CHF.
The cost of the program does not include expenses such as accommodation, meals, registration fees and insurance. According to the mastersportal.com, students are recommended to budget the inevitable items of expenditure:
- Registration fee – from 50 CHF to 250 CHF
- Educational materials – 100 CHF per month
- Exam fees – from CHF 100 to CHF 800 per exam
- Language testing – from 170 CHF to 250 CHF
- Insurance – 300 CHF per month
- Meals – 500 CHF
- Accommodation – about 1300 CHF
- Transport – 60 CHF (pass).