Description of Tsinghua University
- Founded: 1911
- Location: Beijing, China
- Number of students: 34,000
- Number of international students: 11%
- Rating in China: 1.
Tsinghua State University was opened in Beijing in 1911, where the main building of the university is located. The higher education institution is included in the list of the best and largest in the country: annually up to 34 thousand people get education here, 11% of which are students from other countries.
The list of graduates of this university has many famous personalities - scientists, artists, politicians, including Hu Jintao and Xi Jinping, who both were presidents of China at one time.
There are 16 institutes and 56 faculties available for higher education at THU University. Among foreign students, the following specialties are most in demand:
Tsinghua University is among the top 100 best higher education institutions in the world in terms of the quality of educational services offered (QS World University Rankings rating). Tsinghua University has a high reputation among employers around the world, so graduates can easily find work after graduation.
One of Tsinghua University’s pride is the School of Economics and Management, the first in China to receive AACSB and EQUIS certificates: these insignia are highly regarded in the global business community.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tsinghua University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Dormitories are available at Tsinghua University. The university’s campus is located in a picturesque park where Lake Weiming and the Summer Imperial Palace are located - one of the key attractions of Beijing. Students can eat in the dining room on the territory of the university or in a mini-cafe.
The average cost of living in the residence will be from 40 to 80 yuan per day.
Activities Tsinghua University
Since this is one of the most famous prestigious universities in China, conditions have been created for students in which they can reveal themselves from different angles: in addition to the main stages of higher education, young people are offered summer programs and thematic courses for a period of 2-3 weeks.
Facilities and equipment at Tsinghua University
The Tsinghua University campus is located in the northwestern area of Beijing. On campus, in addition to dormitories, there is a library, a dining room, sports grounds and more. The university is part of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the undergraduate program at Tsinghua University, everyone should observe the following conditions:
- Age not older than 25 years
- Secondary Education Document
- HSK Level 6 Certificate.
For admission to master's programs:
- Age from 21 years to 40 years
- Specialist or Bachelor's Degree
- HSK Level 6 Certificate
- Successfully completed entrance exams.
Submission of documents for undergraduate programs is carried out in the period from April 2-9 in electronic or printed form. Entrance examinations for applicants are held on May 15. But students entering the magistracy must have time to send an application before March 1.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tsinghua University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.