University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki
Description of University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki
- Established: 1957
- Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
- Language of instruction: Greek, English
- Number of students: 8000
- Type: state.
The University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki was founded in 1957 as the Higher School of Industrial Production. In 1991, the educational institution received the status of a higher and modern name.
- To make a feasible contribution to the development of society and socio-economic relations within the country and beyond
- Promote research among youth
- Promote a quality learning process.
University graduates are competitive and in demand both in the Greek and international labor markets. In order to earn prestige, the university had to establish uninterrupted work for many years, constantly improve the quality of education and show good results.
Scientific activity is carried out in:
- Special Accounts and Research Fund
- Educational Research Institute
- European Center of Excellence
- European Research Charter
- Ethics committee
- Government Center for Postdoctoral Research.
Students can receive education in the faculties:
- International and European Relations
- Balkan, Slavic and Eastern relations
- Organization and enterprise management
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational and social policy
- Applied Informatics
- Marketing and management
- Music and art
- Technological management.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki
- Qualified teaching staff
- A wide selection of preparatory, bachelor, master and postgraduate courses
- A large number of foreign students
- The University has received international recognition and accreditation of authoritative structures.
- The educational institution participates in the AIESEC program, which allows students to receive education on a non-profit basis at partner universities, undergo internships and take part in global volunteer movements.
Facilities and equipment at University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki
The university consists of several academic buildings and dormitories, which recently underwent a complete restoration both outside and inside. All classrooms are equipped with computer equipment, copy centers, sports complexes, shops and libraries work for students.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the University of Macedonia, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with a compulsory grade in English and its certified translation
- Identity document
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL at least 550, IGCSE with a rating of C or higher, IELTS with a rating of 6.5 or higher).
If for some reason the applicant does not provide a certificate of English proficiency or the grade is lower than required, he will be offered to pass an internal language exam and additional English lessons will be assigned.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Macedonia at Thessaloniki
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.