The University of Aristotle in Thessaloniki is the largest on the Balkan Peninsula, the best in Greece, one of the TOP-500 universities in the world. The high assessment of the university is due to the quality of programs, the large number of professors and doctors of science in the teaching staff (about 2000 teachers in total), as well as the high interest of the largest employers in the graduates of this university - many receive prestigious positions with the possibility of career growth in international corporations, banks, research centers .
The University of Aristotle in Thessaloniki is known for research in various fields: over 4500 projects have been carried out over 12 years. There is also a seismological station, the data from which is transmitted to the country's leadership.
The university has 33 faculties - the most popular programs are:
Another advantage of the university is its free for students, with the exception of the annual registration fee. Students from other countries can receive scholarship payments, showing high rates in their studies.
The university is part of more than 20 associations and unions, including:
International exchange programs with the best universities in the world are available for students.
After completing the course, you will receive relevant knowledge in the chosen specialty and you will be able to find a decent job in a large company.
The cost of living in Thessaloniki is from 105 € per month, renting a separate apartment in the city center will cost 230 € per month or more. You can eat in an inexpensive student cafe: the cost of lunch is about 2 €.
Students organize performances, creative evenings and other events that develop their talents, and many sports sections are open. In your free time you can go on an excursion with a visit to the historical and cultural attractions of the country.
In addition to educational buildings, the university includes modern research centers with laboratories, a center for studying foreign languages, computer classes, a sports center, and a cafe. The library, which is part of the university, is the largest in the Balkans. Classrooms are equipped with the latest technology, which contributes to an effective learning process.
As in most European universities, education here is divided into semesters, after each - an examination session and holidays. Additional costs range from 150 € per month (for transport, mobile communications, leisure activities, payment of utility bills).
The first requirement for an applicant is to submit a document on a previous education with a transfer of grades to the Greek system: 1-20 points. An entrance exam is also required, in some cases a personal interview with the admissions committee.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.