Students from all over the world study at the largest institute in Finland who have chosen the Helsinki Institute for its high-quality programs and high level of research. The university is consistently in the top 100 best educational institutions in the world and has a strong reputation as an ultra-modern center with the most relevant and high-quality training programs. The university has a large and rich history, is the oldest institution in the country. This is a multidisciplinary higher education institution that offers courses in a wide variety of areas of knowledge. Outstanding scientists and politicians studied at this institute - seven presidents of the country graduated from the University of Helsinki.
The university offers 33 master programs - a list of the most popular:
Ecology and evolutionary biology
Chemistry and Molecular Sciences
Genetics and Molecular Biology
Linguistic Diversity in the Digital Age
Students are accommodated in apartments not far from educational buildings: it is possible to choose from accommodation in rooms for 2-3 people or in a studio.
The university is located in the city center and has a developed infrastructure. The campus of the institute is divided into four main parts and includes the following objects:
The cost of training in the magistracy, depending on the program, will be € 13,000, € 15,000, or € 18,000 per academic year. The cost of undergraduate study is € 13,000 per academic year, but prices may vary for double programs.
Cost of living: from 5,000 € to 10,000 €.
Deadline for submission of documents: November 15 - January 31.
The university does not have its own scholarship programs, but graduate students may apply for a grant.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.