University of Helsinki
Description of University of Helsinki
- Year of foundation: 1640
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Age of students: 20+
- Number of students: 40,000
- The type of training: c interfere with learning
- Language learning: English.
Students from all over the world study at the largest institute in Finland who have chosen the Helsinki Institute for its high-quality programs and high level of research. The university is consistently in the top 100 best educational institutions in the world and has a strong reputation as an ultra-modern center with the most relevant and high-quality training programs. The university has a large and rich history, is the oldest institution in the country. This is a multidisciplinary higher education institution that offers courses in a wide variety of areas of knowledge. Outstanding scientists and politicians studied at this institute - seven presidents of the country graduated from the University of Helsinki.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Helsinki
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in apartments not far from educational buildings: it is possible to choose from accommodation in rooms for 2-3 people or in a studio.
- Opportunity to study in English
- Good scholarship programs
- More than 10 thousand publications are issued at the Institute per year.
- The university is in the top 100 universities in the world
- The presence of large research bases
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Faculty includes foreign specialists
- Employment opportunity after graduation
- Excellent location in a safe and beautiful city.
Facilities and equipment at University of Helsinki
The university is located in the city center and has a developed infrastructure. The campus of the institute is divided into four main parts and includes the following objects:
- Training classes
- Sports Hall
- Laundry facilities
- Computer centers
- University Museum
- Dining rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of training in the magistracy, depending on the program, will be € 13,000, € 15,000, or € 18,000 per academic year. The cost of undergraduate study is € 13,000 per academic year, but prices may vary for double programs.
Cost of living: from 5,000 € to 10,000 €.
Deadline for submission of documents: November 15 - January 31.
The university does not have its own scholarship programs, but graduate students may apply for a grant.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Helsinki
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.