The Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration (Hanken Svenska handelshögskolan, HANKEN) was founded in 1909 and is one of the first business schools in Scandinavia. The educational institution offers undergraduate and graduate programs in economics, business and finance. HANKEN has close ties with the business community and an active graduate network of more than 14,000 people working in more than 70 countries.
The business school is a part of the European University Association (EUA) and is accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA.
Graduates are awarded the degree MSc in Economics and Business Administration. You can choose one of the following specializations:
The main campus of the business school is located in Helsinki - the capital of Finland, the second - in the west of the country on the shores of the Gulf of Bothnia, in the city of Vaasa.
The material and technical base of the educational institution includes:
The business school has a two-semester academic year. Classes begin in September and February.
All scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence in studies, research, exams. The #HankenHIT (Hanken International Talent) program helps university undergraduates find work in Finnish companies, introduces students and employers, helps them find a mentor, get an internship, or get a job after graduation to a permanent position, starting a career path. The program works in both Helsinki and Vaasa.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.