University of Vaasa
Description of University of Vaasa
- Established: 1968
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Vaasa, Finland
- Language of instruction: English.
University of Vaasa (Vaasan yliopisto, UVA) is a multidisciplinary business-oriented university on the west coast of Finland. The main areas of training and scientific activity of the university founded in 1968 are economics, business administration and modern languages. At UVA, today there are 4 faculties:
- Accounting and Finance
- Marketing and communications
- Technology and innovation.
The university is among the top 20 best universities in the country and is a member of the prestigious European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Vaasa
Accommodation, meals, prices
UVA provides its students with a hostel.
- Master's programs are in the TOP 40 Eduniversal Best Maters Ranking 2018
- UVA Business Faculty is one of the largest in Finland
- The university has double degree programs.
Facilities and equipment at University of Vaasa
UVA Campus is located in the Palosaari area, within walking distance of the city center and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university begins in September and consists of two semesters.
- The cost of living in Vaasa = 597 € -1177 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants must provide:
- Education document
- Motivation letter
- Language certificate.
- TOEFL 580 / iBT92
- IELTS 6.5 (each section minimum 5.5)
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English, Academic band) 62
- National Certificate of English Proficiency (Level 5)
- Test CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with passed class A, B or C
- CAE (Advanced English Certificate) test with class A, B or C.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Vaasa
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.