University of Vaasa (Vaasan yliopisto, UVA) is a multidisciplinary business-oriented university on the west coast of Finland. The main areas of training and scientific activity of the university founded in 1968 are economics, business administration and modern languages. At UVA, today there are 4 faculties:
The university is among the top 20 best universities in the country and is a member of the prestigious European University Association (EUA).
The university offers 5 undergraduate programs to study:
The master's programs of the university are implemented in the following areas:
UVA Graduate School offers three doctoral degree programs:
Each doctoral program is led by a professor from a core subject area.
UVA provides its students with a hostel.
UVA Campus is located in the Palosaari area, within walking distance of the city center and includes its own library.
The academic year at the university begins in September and consists of two semesters.
Applicants must provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.