Lapland University of Applied Sciences (Lapin ammattikorkeakoulu etusivu, Lapin AMK) was founded in 2014 through a combination of two universities in Finland: Rovaniemen ammattikorkeakoulu and Kemi-Tornion ammattikorkeakoulu. The institution offers academic undergraduate and graduate programs. Lapin AMK is a consortium with the University of Lapland.
Academic undergraduate programs are implemented in the following areas:
The university offers an international MBA diploma program “International Business Management”, which is designed to enhance students' professional skills and respond to the needs of a dynamically changing business environment.
Particular attention is paid to multiculturalism in the program to enhance competencies in the development of business platforms and ecosystems, business models and business cultures, strategic management of international business, especially in the Far North. In addition, the goal of the program is to create specific plans for the development of enterprises to support their internationalization processes.
The university is located in the province of Lappi in the city of Finland, Kemi. The infrastructure of the university includes:
The academic year at the university begins in August and ends in July of the following year.
To enter the university you must:
If the educational documents are not in English / Finnish / Swedish, then an official and certified translation must be provided.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.