University of Crete - a public university in Crete, recognized as one of the best among young and developing universities according to the QS rating agency. The Greek University has established itself in the best way in the training of specialists in the field of medicine, technical sciences, economics, and the humanities. Today, the university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Greek.
Radiology, laboratory medicine and morphology, as well as astronomy, mathematics and physics are named as particularly strong programs of the University of Crete. Among the humanitarian areas, philology and philosophy are distinguished.
List of university faculties:
Popular undergraduate programs:
List of popular programs:
First-year students can apply for a free place in the university dormitory, but the number of places in the residence is limited. For this reason, students often look for apartments close to campuses.
The university is located on the largest Greek island, with campuses in the coastal cities of Heraklion and Rethymno. The university has an established research and student infrastructure, which includes:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.