Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES
Description of Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES
Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES (abbreviated as UNIMONTES) is a public institution in Brazil that has been actively involved in scientific and academic activities since 1962. In Montes, Claros the main building of the university is located.
This is a popular and highly prestigious Brazilian educational institution, which with enviable stability is in the list of TOP-30 of the best universities of the state. Universidade also adds to the list of TOP of the best universities in the world from year to year.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES
Facilities and equipment at Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES
This is a medium-sized institution of higher education, where about 15,000 people take courses annually. At the same time, the teaching staff of the university is about 2900 teachers of the highest category. Both students and teachers can take part in special international exchange programs, if they wish.
The university has created the best conditions for teaching students. There is a huge scientific library at the disposal of students and teaching staff. There is a modern hostel and comfortable sports facilities on the campus. The university is constantly evolving and willing to share its expertise, as evidenced by its membership in groups such as the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC), sports associations: the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Every year the university enrolls students for the first year. The decision on each candidate is made by a special commission, which takes into account the progress of each applicant, and also takes into account the results of previously passed exams. At the time of admission to higher educational institutions, about 80 percent of students receive a positive decision on the issue of admission. Both local residents and foreign students apply for places at the university on the same conditions.
Tuition at DU
As in most US universities, the academic year consists of two semesters. Studying at the university is not a cheap pleasure. At the same time, each student can return part of the financial costs by receiving a scholarship, subject to good academic performance. In addition to full-time education, the university also offers students to study by correspondence.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros UNIMONTES
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.