Brazilian University Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo PUC-SP (PUCSP) was founded in 1946, through the merger of several educational institutions: the Faculty of Philosophy, Science and Literature of São Bento, and the Law College of São Paulo. The purpose of the creation of the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, was the formation of Catholic leaders among the local elite.
Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo PUC-SP (PUCSP) offers students basic programs in the following directions:
The university also contains faculties:
Specify information on the program on the official site of an educational institution.
This is a medium-sized institution of higher education, as about 7,000 students study at the same time. The teaching staff of the institution consists of 787 teachers. Both citizens of Brazil and foreign applicants can enter the university. There are exchange programs for students and teachers. Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo is ranked ninth among the best universities in its country.
In the city of Sao Paulo is the campus of the university, which is a mixture of different architectural styles. They were clearly manifested in the arrangement of the four campuses based at different times:
The Partridge Campus, in São Paulo, is headquartered in PUC-SP. About 15 thousand employees, students, teachers and visitors pass through the corridors of these educational buildings per day. This campus has four buildings: the headquarters, the possession of the rector Bandeira de Mello, the building of the faculty of philosophy and the arts, as well as the university theater. The headquarters building is listed on the World Heritage List and is one of the oldest. In the 1920s, a monastery worked there. Its architectural ensemble also includes a university chapel. Possession of the rector Mello was built in the 1970s. It offers postgraduate classes, is the Central Library, computer laboratories and student service sectors. Since 1965, the university opened a theater. The campus also has a psychological clinic and a civil court.
On the Marquis de Paranagua campus, there are postgraduate and undergraduate courses in science and technology, as well as basic PUC-SP technology research (NPT). The project of the main building of this campus is considered one of the landmarks of modern Brazilian architecture, it is listed as a cultural and historical heritage.
Students can use the library, play sports, fully prepare for classes. For active life there are all the necessary resources: a developed sports infrastructure, numerous interest clubs, restaurants, shops, cafeterias. All details of the academic, sports, public life of the university are covered on the pages of social networks.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.