Universidad de Guanajuato
Description of Universidad de Guanajuato
- Established: 1732
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Guanajuato, Mexico
- Number of students: 24,000.
The academic traditions of Universidad de Guanajuato (UGto) are rooted in the 18th century. This educational project began with the Holy Trinity School, founded in 1732 at the initiative of Doña Josefa Teresa de Busto y Moya, which was created with the assistance of prominent members of the Guanajuato Society. The university is among the top 30 best universities in Mexico and is a member of the prestigious group Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior (ANUIES).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad de Guanajuato
- UGto is in the top of the best educational institutions in the world
- The university has international student exchange programs.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad de Guanajuato
The main campus of the university is located in Guanajuato, Mexico. Other campuses located in Guanajuato include:
- Celaya-Salvatierra Campus in Selaya
- Irapuato-Salamanca Campus in Irapuato
- León Campus in Leon.
University infrastructure includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Entrance fee = $ 1180
- Cost of living in Mexico = $ 279 -522 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document
- TOEFL 450
- Two letters of recommendation
- Research Project (Master)
- Entrance Exam Bulletin (Examination Sheet)
- Motivation letter
- Birth certificate / identity card
- Photograph on a white background 2 pcs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidad de Guanajuato
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.